By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Gran Turismo 5 Late '09 = Prologue Damage Early '09?

Still cant race friends online or even voice chat in races lol. Flagship titles shouldn't have these problems.

Ynwa.

Around the Network
nordlead said:
PAINTRAINWooWoo said:
Is it me or is the whole we dont want virtual damage on our 100,000 dollar car completely retarded ???

I totally agree, but I can see where they are coming from, as they want everyone to always think their car is the best. If it is bashed to pieces next to a competitors car in perfect shape, that wouldn't look good.

Anyways, I'm interested in getting this game, but was holding out for the full version. If they add weather and damage to GT5:P, what will be the big difference between the 2 versions?

Content.  70 cars vs 700 cars, among many other things.

makingmusic476 said:
nordlead said:
PAINTRAINWooWoo said:
Is it me or is the whole we dont want virtual damage on our 100,000 dollar car completely retarded ???

I totally agree, but I can see where they are coming from, as they want everyone to always think their car is the best. If it is bashed to pieces next to a competitors car in perfect shape, that wouldn't look good.

Anyways, I'm interested in getting this game, but was holding out for the full version. If they add weather and damage to GT5:P, what will be the big difference between the 2 versions?

ok, a 630 car difference is pretty dang impressive. I knew there were like 50 cars in GT5:P, but I didn't know they were going to be 700 cars in the final version. The only reason why I haven't picked up GT5:P used was because I figured why buy the game twice, and I would rather have the version with crash damage.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

nordlead said:
makingmusic476 said:
nordlead said:
PAINTRAINWooWoo said:

ok, a 630 car difference is pretty dang impressive. I knew there were like 50 cars in GT5:P, but I didn't know they were going to be 700 cars in the final version. The only reason why I haven't picked up GT5:P used was because I figured why buy the game twice, and I would rather have the version with crash damage.

And probably around 10 times more tracks...And ten times is not overreacting.  How many do Proloque have?  4?  I thought GT 4 had 50 tracks and I think GT 5 will have more tracks aswell.

PS:  Persona 4 best JRPG of 08!

konnichiwa said:
nordlead said:
makingmusic476 said:

And probably around 10 times more tracks...And ten times is not overreacting.  How many do Proloque have?  4?  I thought GT 4 had 50 tracks and I think GT 5 will have more tracks aswell.

PS:  Persona 4 best JRPG of 08!

nice to know. I thought it had like 10 tracks, which would be enough for me for $20. 4 really isn't all that much. Shows how much I know about the game

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

Around the Network

i don't know anything about gt5:p either. i thought (hoped) that the full game would be out this year so didn't bother getting prologue.

i kind of wish i just did it now that i know i have another year to wait.

has anyone purchased the new logitech force feedback driving wheel? i had the previous version for gt4 which was amazing.

I really recommend Burnout Paradise, it is maybe not realistic but is a hell lot of fun.

xlost7 said:
But how will an update improve sales? lol

haha for the answer to that, look how well GT5:p Spec III bundle launched in Japan.

Proud Sony Rear Admiral

yeah, i bought burnout to tie me over. it's amazing how much free DLC they made for it. i don't know why it didn't sell more (does vgc track dl purchases?)

mtofu said:
yeah, i bought burnout to tie me over. it's amazing how much free DLC they made for it. i don't know why it didn't sell more (does vgc track dl purchases?)

not any official numbers available as far as I know.

Proud Sony Rear Admiral