By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - GTA profitable? Take-Two loses 200m in 2006...

I thought this was really interesting. Take-Two seem to be hemorrhaging badly. http://www.gametab.com/news/830271/ So much for GTA making truck loads of money. (its interesting looking back at previous years that T2 *never* has posted a huge profit - lots of revenue, but not profit. I wonder where all that money is going... to the directors stock options?)

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

Around the Network

As a result of a stock option scandal and a Securities and Exchange Commission investigation, Take-Two Interactive has held off on its periodic financial report filings since June of last year.
That's where.

PSN ID: Kwaad

I fly this flag in victory!

Take-Two blamed the downturn on a number of factors, including the transition to the new generation of consoles, higher development costs, and a continued investment in 2K Sports. you made the effort to post this why not take the the effort to read what you post?

As a result of a stock option scandal and a Securities and Exchange Commission investigation, Take-Two Interactive has held off on its periodic financial report filings since June of last year.
THAT is where the money went already.

You take in one billion in revenue - and make a loss of 200m. That means you spent 1,200m during the year. Apologies for the "where did the money go" comment (I did read the article) - it just seems like a lot of money to spend in 12 months. And for a company that is till raking in heaps of money from games released years ago.

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

Around the Network

no kwaad As a result of a stock option scandal and a Securities and Exchange Commission investigation, Take-Two Interactive has held off on its periodic financial report filings since June of last year. The publisher announced the results of an independent investigation into the scandal earlier this month, with blame for the misdeeds placed on its founder and former CEO Ryan Brant. which ended October 31, 2006.That left the publisher free today to finally file again, releasing results for its full fiscal year 2006 which ended October 31, 2006. it only delayed them releasing their figures for last fy.

A top end PS2 game cost 20million to make. Let's go to PS3/360. Let's say 30... for now. that still leaves... 30 AAA games/year. Ouch.

Rockstar has nothing to do with Take-Two losing money. If im not mistaken every Rockstar game on the PS2 has made money not lost money. Its Take-Two's other company's.

fgsduilfgasuklwgefidslzfgb4yiogwefhawi4fbielat5gy240bh3e

Does Take-Two own Rock Star, or are they just their publisher? Something big is going down with Take-Two right now, and the videogame press doesn't cover it like they should. A massive financial scandal around a big-name publisher should be a bigger story.

"[Our former customers] are unable to find software which they WANT to play."
"The way to solve this problem lies in how to communicate what kind of games [they CAN play]."

Satoru Iwata, Nintendo President. Only slightly paraphrased.

Erik Aston said: Does Take-Two own Rock Star, or are they just their publisher? Something big is going down with Take-Two right now, and the videogame press doesn't cover it like they should. A massive financial scandal around a big-name publisher should be a bigger story.
Take-Two owns Rockstar

fgsduilfgasuklwgefidslzfgb4yiogwefhawi4fbielat5gy240bh3e