By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - 2009 Last Chance For SONY? Microsoft Domination Continues

CGI-Quality said:
Sardauk said:
RED53DEVILS said:
it wouldn't die but the points that I mentioned would make it beat 360 and probably the Wii

Come on Red, catching up on the 360 might be ... but beating the wii is not credible ...

Anyhow, the Playstation brand has been severly damaged... and XBOX is now a leader brand as well ...

Xbox Brand is still FAR less known than Nintendo and Sony so Red is right here. However, I agree with the Xbox fans that if Sony does not make a significant comeback in 09 it will not die, but it will be firmly secured in 3rd place the rest of this generation. I hate to say it because I'm a HUGE Sony supporter, but I know when to be realistic and 2009 HAS to be a huge, and I mean HUGE, year for Sony. Now, do I think it will, hellz yeah!!! There's still: Killzone 2, inFAMOUS, God of War III, Gran Turismo 5, Final Fantasy XIII (exclusive to PS3 in Japan), Quantum Theory, Yakuza 3, White Knight Chronicles, HEAVY RAIN!!!, Demon Soul, Uncharted 2 etc, etc, etc... These should make sure that 2009 will be nothing but success for Sony!!!

Coupled with a price drop to 299 and we will see PS3 Have a sustained Boost permanently.

Around the Network

"Microsoft domination continues"

Just curious.  Which year did Microsoft domination begin? 

Was it 2007 where it outsold the PS3 be 3%, or what it this year where it is currently behind, but will end up slightly ahead by the end of the year?

I think you need to check your definition of "domination".  Unless you meant Nintendo, in which case, you are correct.

VGChartz Hardware data for the period 06th Jan 2007 to 29th Dec 2007:

Console Wii PS3 X360
Total

VGChartz Hardware data for the period 05th Jan 2008 to 22nd Nov 2008:

Console Wii PS3 X360
Total

kowenicki said:
@ CGI

Whilst I agree with most of what you said, I dont see how any of those games are going to move hardware of significance....except for possibly GT5. Yes there are a few others there that will drive sales of consoles in Japan... but Japan = handhelds now.

2009 will be better for the PS3 than 2008 but it will for the 360 too.

This gen will be unusual in that we will have 3 consoles with relatively high sales.

You should look at some history.  None of the previous consoles have had a better 4th year than 3rd.  So history says the 360 will not have a better 09 than 08.  On the same theme, the consoles do thier best in year #3.

Sardauk said:
RED53DEVILS said:
it wouldn't die but the points that I mentioned would make it beat 360 and probably the Wii

Come on Red, catching up on the 360 might be ... but beating the wii is not credible ...

Anyhow, the Playstation brand has been severly damaged... and XBOX is now a leader brand as well ...

HAHA.........HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I respectfully disagree :D

WiiStation360 said:

"Microsoft domination continues"

Just curious.  Which year did Microsoft domination begin? 

Was it 2007 where it outsold the PS3 be 3%, or what it this year where it is currently behind, but will end up slightly ahead by the end of the year?

I think you need to check your definition of "domination".  Unless you meant Nintendo, in which case, you are correct.

VGChartz Hardware data for the period 06th Jan 2007 to 29th Dec 2007:

Console Wii PS3 X360
Total

VGChartz Hardware data for the period 05th Jan 2008 to 22nd Nov 2008:

Console Wii PS3 X360
Total

That makes too much sense for people to take into account, I have quickly realised that the previous 2 months are all that matter.

Around the Network
kowenicki said:
RPG said:
Sardauk said:
RED53DEVILS said:

HAHA.........HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I respectfully disagree :D

respectfully ? 

xbox is a recognised brand now whatever you want to believe, he didnt say it was bigger than the playstation brand worldwide..... but it will be in the US pretty soon if it isnt already.

Well Playstation brand = PSP + PS2 + PS3

Xbox Brand = Xbox 360

Even in the USA the xbox brand is still nothing compared to Playstation, many years to go before such comments are made. Especially when such as thing is said when the 360 is ahead of one Playstation console by 7 million after being half the price and released a year before.

I don't really know. I'd have to say that Nintendo is the czar of the group, and then PlayStation & XBOX are right there together now. I mean, yes, PlayStation rules the roost in a lot of parts of the world, but the XBOX continues to dominate America (the biggest gaming fish of them all). This discussion will an interesting one over the next few days as the official Black Friday numbers start to roll in.

MarioKart:

Wii Code:

2278-0348-4368

1697-4391-7093-9431

XBOX LIVE: Comrade Tovya 2
PSN ID:

Comrade_Tovya

another one of these threads.... to early to tell.. Blu-ray will be a major factor. Price is a factor. Games is a factor. And competition is a factor. All of these things cannot be placed into one single year. No matter how you look at it the PS3 has sold beyond the 360 at this point in its life. There is still way to great of a chance for the PS3 to pull 2nd place in the next few years that it isnt funny.

Aso i dont see 2009 being much better than 2008 for Sony till the holiday. 2010 will be greater with GOW3, ICO 3, and quite a few other games. Oh, and Resistance 3.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

Well, it'll have a price cut early next year, GT 5 in time for Xmas and FF13 in Japan. 2009 should be a much better year for Sony than 2008.

The_God_of_War said:
Well, it'll have a price cut early next year, GT 5 in time for Xmas and FF13 in Japan. 2009 should be a much better year for Sony than 2008.

I hope so... Sony really needs to work in a major price cut, some how, some way.

The last thing Sony needs is late adopters to buy an XBOX 360 because it's cheaper... (as in former PS2 fans who can't afford the PS3).

As for me, I just wish everybody bought both of them, because they both really have some great features.

MarioKart:

Wii Code:

2278-0348-4368

1697-4391-7093-9431

XBOX LIVE: Comrade Tovya 2
PSN ID:

Comrade_Tovya