By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Square Enix 08 sales Down 75%

It just looks to me as if sales dropped because there was only one game from an established franchise in 08 (DQV) and they had far fewer games released. Still, I don't think they've been making any decent games for a while now.

Around the Network
Oyvoyvoyv said:

Remember that Final Fantasy is far, far bigger than any of the 360's JRPGs, and that FF is the best selling RPG in Americas ever, regardless of whether it is JRPG, SRPG or WRPG.

When you look at WRPG's, games like Oblivion, Fallout and Fable matching FF sales the best. And FF is only popular because of the "name", to me no longer by game. With FFXII they kind of screw it. FFXIII and vs are both on my wanted list, but if $E screws up those, they're gone pretty fast from that list. Just like with Last Remnant. SOIV will highly bomb in the West, SOIII sold lousy in the West on the best selling console of the last generation. Recent 360 owners with $E published games are mostly disappointed. And no, PS3 fans no longer whine about SE, to be honest, I wouldn't care if SE would be bought by MS. If they find money more important than creating high quality games, then so be it and they can stuff their crap. PS3 has Valkyria Chronicles and soon White Knight Chronicles, 2 high quality gams. And to be honest, I like VC much better than I liked FFXII.

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Supporter of PlayStation and Nintendo