By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - I just bought an Xbox 360. What do I need to know?

coasterlove said:
Another thing I thought to ask, the 360 is backwards compatible? I remember when it came out, that it would be BC with some of their Xbox games or mainly bigger selling popular games. Is that still the case or is it now all games released on the first Xbox?

Not all xbox games are playable, but just about every game that was popular is playable with a SW update.  There's a full list somewhere on xbox.com, or wikipedia.

Also, congratulations on your purchase, I recommend Fable 2, Mass Effect, Assassin's Creed, and that you look into some XBLA games.  Castle Crashers, Braid, Geo Wars 2, and Portal: Still Alive are all worth your money. 

Around the Network
Cueil said:
Crackdown is a cheap one to and it's good... Dead Rising... Splinter Cell DA should be 20 by now and Fable 2 is something you'd probably enjoy.

There is a Tom Clancy Triple pack out here in Australia that has that, Rainbow 6 Vegas and GRAW. No idea of the price, but might be worth looking into if you are into those types of games.