By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Beam Me Up Scotty: New STO Screens ! (NICE)

As Paris would say: "That's Hot", Star Trek Online seems to be shaping up nicely!

I can not wait for this game.

Note: Click Pic for Screen Shots.

www.Massively.com

" Three new screens for Star Trek Online have surfaced and they look quite amazing, especially the dry dock shot above, which you can click on to see a bigger version. The first thing that jumped out at us when looking at these shots are that the graphics engine for the game has already come along a ways. We can't quite put our finger on it, but things are starting to look decidedly more Star Trek and less, well, Champions Online.

If it's one thing we've continually learned about MMOs in-development, it's that they always look better and better the closer to get to launch. And with Cryptic's track record on City of Heroes past visual updates, we're really looking forward to seeing how Star Trek Online turns out in another year-plus."

PS4 Preordered - 06/11/2013 @09:30am

XBox One Preordered - 06/19/2013 @07:57pm

"I don't trust #XboxOne & #Kinect 2.0, it's always connected" as you tweet from your smartphone - irony 0_o

Around the Network

Yeah, I am excited for this one as well

I still don't get this game...are you gonna stand on a ship and work a computer? I like Star Trek as a show, but I'm not seeing the appeal of the game yet. I'll have to keep watching the videos to see if something strikes me, but I'm not "getting it" with this one yet.

It certainly looks nice, so I can't knock it there, and if they use the actual writing staff for the story that too should be really good. My only question mark is in the gameplay.

edit: @crossed out part,

Ok saw a video on GT posted 4 days ago and I have to rescind the "it looks nice" comment..it looks...well ...lets just say they could have done better.

To Each Man, Responsibility

I'm going to have to keep an eye on this one, it could be amazingly good...but it also could all go so so badly wrong.

The weapon effects look nice and so do the explosions, SOME of the ship models look good, but the character models look very.....simple.  Lets hope they improve that before they release it.

Playing : PC  AOE, DiRT 2, Runes of Magic, Wings of Prey & Planetside 2  

Wii U : Nintendoland, Super Mario U  & Fifa 2013 demo

DS : Guitar Hero : On Tour

Formerly unknown as Vengi

http://vgchartz.com/profiles/profile.php?id=2331

Sqrl said:

I still don't get this game...are you gonna stand on a ship and work a computer? I like Star Trek as a show, but I'm not seeing the appeal of the game yet. I'll have to keep watching the videos to see if something strikes me, but I'm not "getting it" with this one yet.

It certainly looks nice, so I can't knock it there, and if they use the actual writing staff for the story that too should be really good. My only question mark is in the gameplay.

Ok saw a video on GT posted 4 days ago and I have to rescind the "it looks nice" comment..it looks...well ...lets just say they could have done better.

They are not intending this game for Conan Specs, they want everyone to enjoy the game.

"I don't trust #XboxOne & #Kinect 2.0, it's always connected" as you tweet from your smartphone - irony 0_o

Around the Network
sega4life said:
Sqrl said:

They are not intending this game for Conan Specs, they want everyone to enjoy the game.

Fair enough, I have no problems with that choice and actually applaud it to an extent.  But I'm not going to say it looks better than it does either.

To Each Man, Responsibility
Sqrl said:
sega4life said:
Sqrl said:

Fair enough, I have no problems with that choice and actually applaud it to an extent.  But I'm not going to say it looks better than it does either.

Indeed, I wouldn't expect anything but the obvious.

Sqrl said:

Umm that is the same trailer that GT posted back in August.  Not to mention the thread was about how these new screens were looking better than the old media.  Although the new screens are way to small to make a worthwhile comparison.

Yakuzaice said:
Sqrl said:

Umm that is the same trailer that GT posted back in August.  Not to mention the thread was about how these new screens were looking better than the old media.  Although the new screens are way to small to make a worthwhile comparison.

Click the HI-REZ version on the top right of the screen.

Weird. I always thought City of Heroes looked exactly like "Freedom Force".