By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - I just played horde.... WOW

Horde mode is fun, I beat all 50 waves on normal. I should try it on insane soon. Anybody can add me to play, but I don't usually talk on my mic that much either.

Around the Network

I made it to level 13 or something my first try. I always go for insane difficulty, though. I should kick it down to normal for the achievement points. Anyway, horde mode is a blast. Having a group of guys watching your back and cheering for you after they die is a sensation that I haven't felt in video games before. Truly a great addition, and probably my favorite multi-player online game.

Try playing it on insane, you get 1-shotted by Bloodmounts (and almost everything else..) ;_;

Here's a tip: Play with friends until you learn each map carefully. There are spots in almost every map you'll need to hole yourself in to survive later waves.

The easiest map to get to wave 50 in one shot would be Security, just hide behind the lasers and when there's one locust left then everyone goes out to get ammo. Place boomshields around the lasers for extra protection (in the later waves/higher difficulty they will press the button on the opposite side to lower the lasers and flank the fuck out of you).

Proud Owner of: 

250gig FFXIII SE Xbox 360, 250gig Xbox 360 S, black Wii, 120gig PS3 Slim, soon to be 3DS *___*

I agree, the shields are great and are pretty essential to survival on some stages in the later waves. Used the security level on our second go around with another friend, the mortor and grinder's gun that appear in that area help a great deal.

I can't believe you guys don't use the mics. The time me and the random guys got to 38, we were talking constantly about where the enemies were and when weapons respawned and whatnot. Kept each other informed on who should pick up the shields so they would not disappear after a round is over. Mics are vital to me. Also, it makes it feel more like you are playing with real people and not just bots.

I wish you could start where you left off in public matches like in private matches. Also, I wish you could choose difficulty in public matches.

Gears 2 horde mode is great, not because it is innovative, but because it lends itself so well to the strategic stop and pop gameplay that Gears exudes.

Around the Network

^ Where do you get that we don't use mics?

Proud Owner of: 

250gig FFXIII SE Xbox 360, 250gig Xbox 360 S, black Wii, 120gig PS3 Slim, soon to be 3DS *___*

Infamous said:

LOL.  Maybe not you, but several guys on this thread said that they did not like using mics.

Oh wait you mean Montana and Doats lol. I don't bother to read all the comments sometimes.

Proud Owner of: 

JaggedSac said:
Infamous said:

LOL. Maybe not you, but several guys on this thread said that they did not like using mics.

I like using my mic, I'm just not really a talkative person. I will talk to people if they are talking to me, I won't ignore them LOL.

put a shirld in the middle of a narrow door way they can't get in and just shoot them by the shield. I got bored of this mode very fast it is very repetitive and will probally not play it again.