By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What is the best console you have ever played?

GC, I could play almost all my favorite games on it.

Around the Network

I never owned a PS1, and old PS1 games look great on my PS3 (with the smoothing), relative to my PS2. So good that I scored about 15 old RPGs from the PS1 days off eBay lately, and they are... awesome.

Virtual Console is the reason I own a Wii. SNES/Genesis RPGs are great too. =) ...but, in the end, PS1 RPGs are better (far and away my fav genre) -- especially on the PS3.

I think the PS1 is my favorite of all time, despite my never owning one. Does that count?

ps2>Xbox>Ps3>gamecube>N64>PSone>Wii>Xbox360>Sega Saturn

The Nintendo 64 is the best system I have ever played.

No system can compare. It was the epitome of the plug and play console experience. I could pop in a cartridge, turn on the system, and be playing in mere seconds. Nothing beat getting home from school and roaming around in Hyrule for ~20 minutes before going to the doctor's office or whatever. It was just so easy, and you could fill in even the smallest gaps of free time with a bit of playing. The load times were almost non-existent, there weren't a hundred menus to get through before starting the game, and it had plenty of great games to play, like the Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask, Super Mario 64, Mario Kart 64, and Super Smash Bros.

Of course, the overall library pales to that of the ps2, imo.  But we're talking about the actual system here.

PS2 game over hands down. The best system ever. Then I guess the PS1 or Game Boy.

From an objective point of view it would have to be PS2 or SNES, but no need to start anything over that......*anxiously waits for fight to start*

Around the Network

Super Nintendo. C-C-C-Combo Breaker!

Brawl FC: 4382-1668-1880
Name:Brsch

Animal Crossing City Folk

FC: 2492-8227-9090           Town: McAwesom          Name: Gary

Add me and send me a PM with your FC!

Of all time the Playstation 2. the only thing that prevented me from enjoying it more is that i didn't have enough money to get all the must have games. games such as god of war, shadow of the colossus i didn't get because i was short of cash

i wish i had a job when i got the ps2, i would have enjoyed it even more. im considering buying those games i couldn't get before such as the mentioned, and kindom of hearts

Playstation, Xbox 360, Gameboy Color, Sega Genesis. And the Dreamcast I suppose.

No particular order.

PS2 for me.

I played SNES but never owned one (which means I have less exposure to it's greatest games).