By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - The yellowish-greenish line of death.

No I got it at launch and it broke early November. This Tuesday I got it back. 60 gig. So they do still have them.

Ynwa.

Around the Network

So i have to pay around how much for this? i got it MArch of last year.

puertoecuanama said:
So i have to pay around how much for this? i got it MArch of last year.

I've lost track of the years, but if that means you got it March as in launch period, they should replace it for free... they did mine. I also got my replacement in like three days.

Good service.

Also, remember to tell them whether or not you have a disc stuck in there, and what that disc is... sometimes they can't get it out, and have to order in a new one, or something.

I would just call Sony up and tell them you are a loyal customer or something and if they try and say it is going to cost something then hammer them till they either reduce price of repair or for free. Be like I don't think I can trust buying future systems from you if I am treated like this. Say some bs about your friends giving up on Sony during PS1/PS2 high failure rates (first generation launch systems). Tell them you expect more from a major corporation, or you could look around on the internet and see if there is any quick fixes.

no i dont have a disk in there. i managed to get it out one of the first times i tried to turn it on, where it stayed on for about 5 minutes.

so just to get opinion from other people who havent lost track of time, do i have to pay or not if i bought it march of 2007?Thats around 4 or 5 months after launch in America.

Around the Network

did you leave your ps3 to relax for a while after this horrific event? probz you ps3s way of saying dont play crap games in me or it could just be sony setting your ps3 to self-distruct mode to try and make you purchase anew ps3 to increase sales. eva way i hope you get it fixed for free no piece of electronic that expensive should be breaking

Nobody's perfect. I aint nobody!!!

Killzone 2. its not a fps. it a FIRST PERSON WAR SIMULATOR!!!! ..The true PLAYSTATION 3 launch date and market dominations is SEP 1st

did you leave your ps3 to relax for a while after this horrific event? probz you ps3s way of saying dont play crap games in me or it could just be sony setting your ps3 to self-distruct mode to try and make you purchase anew ps3 to increase sales. eva way i hope you get it fixed for free no piece of electronic that expensive should be breaking

Nobody's perfect. I aint nobody!!!

Killzone 2. its not a fps. it a FIRST PERSON WAR SIMULATOR!!!! ..The true PLAYSTATION 3 launch date and market dominations is SEP 1st

Serious_frusting said:

u have something against fifa that ur calling it a crap game?

Just phone Sony and they'll replace it. You'll get a 60GB back (I did). If you can backup your game saves regularly if not the whole HDD.

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

So will i get it back before Christmas do u think?