By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - When the PS3 goes to £200 and $300, will you buy it?

Maybe when it hits $199, maybe. Furthermore, if it does hit that price I'll buy a used ps3.

Around the Network
leo-j said:
Soleron said:
No.

Because they haven't made any games I want. If they made a game as original, fun, creative and awesome as for example Super Mario Galaxy for it, I would buy one at any price. I don't object to non-Nintendo games; it's that no other company has made one I like.

So no little big planet? lol

To be straight honest, I like Mario Galaxy more. LBP is fun, but most fun is when playing online. Personally I'm not really a level creator. I hope MM will release some more levels in the future as the story mode is kinda short. Not when it comes to collecting all the price bubbles, but again it sucks you need to ask 3 people to join you and to be able to collect them all.

@Gebx, seriously? Why's that?

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Supporter of PlayStation and Nintendo

nope nothing on it that screams buy me

Feel free to check out my 8 montages at www.youtube.co.uk/stonj 

you can also find me at myspace.com/jamiestoner47 and on facebook

XBL :: stonj

Sephiroth357 said:
Silentburritoassasin said:
Maybe... When pigs fly

Oh, shit looks like i'll have to get one then.. only if it goes down to 199.99 XD

Get ready to buy one.

I can't speak for anybody else, but I probably wouldn't buy a PS3 under those circumstances.

Around the Network

Honestly, I think price is not the reason to buy/ not to buy for me. I guess If I had a nice HD-TV and wanted to watch BluRay movies alongside playing games, I would have one already. Currently though, I am not interested. But then if a new SotC comes out and is awesome, then I might get it anyways.

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

I would buy a ps3 with bc at $250.

As I could buy a Wii when it will be under $150, I find likely that people interested in PS3, but not buying it yet because of its price could be waiting for it to be cheaper, not necessarily $299, a small part could buy it at $350, a larger part at $299, even more when it will be under $250.
Although I hope PS3 does well and manages to balance MS' power for user's sake, PS3 is not what I was looking for, I was expecting more, precisely what MS feared, a console not only with a BD player, but able to be a new kind of all purpose PC, but PS3's too little main RAM prevented it and the home computing revolution didn't happen.
One thing I'd like to add: so many people blaming PS3's high price means that a lot of people would like it, but not at any cost, the signal for Sony is clear, let's see when it will be able to answer.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

*~Onna76~* said:
leo-j said:
Soleron said:
No.

Because they haven't made any games I want. If they made a game as original, fun, creative and awesome as for example Super Mario Galaxy for it, I would buy one at any price. I don't object to non-Nintendo games; it's that no other company has made one I like.

So no little big planet? lol

To be straight honest, I like Mario Galaxy more. LBP is fun, but most fun is when playing online. Personally I'm not really a level creator. I hope MM will release some more levels in the future as the story mode is kinda short. Not when it comes to collecting all the price bubbles, but again it sucks you need to ask 3 people to join you and to be able to collect them all.

@Gebx, seriously? Why's that?

Exchange rate... Canadian Dollar dropped to $0.80 US

Even games have gone up.. Fallout 3 = $65.99

Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)

@OP(RPG)

To be honest, I think you're asking the wrong forum/site about this.

Specifically because nearly everyone here has a strong preference to their own console and they will stand by it regardless of how the situation will change the one of the rivals. Despite if change is positive they will remain unchangeble and reject that positivity despite being genuinely uninterested.

Basically we have alot of unbalanced, arrogant, disgruntled, biased and bitter forum members here.

And I cant deny I have a strong preference of my consoles of choice much like those people you'll be hearing from.

Nintendo & Sony supporter:

Consoles: Wii & PS3.