By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - When the PS3 goes to £200 and $300, will you buy it?

WOW really some people still have the software issue with the console? BY the time PS3 goes to that price I assume games like GT5, GOW 3, FFXIII, KZ 2 etc will have released yet software still will not be good enough.

What games do you lot like then?

Around the Network
Comrade Tovya said:
jpain333 said:

doubt it, the only time i've supported more than one console in a Gen was having a ps1 and N64....plus now that Tekken is coming along, and having Forza doesn't really make me wish for GT anymore, think i'll just stick with my 360...

if it hits $199...whenever the hell that will be...i'll think about it then...

Well, while I don't agree with everything you said, I agree about the Forza 2 thing... I'm pretty sure I like Forza 2 more than I liked GT, and man was I addicted to that game.  I think Sony really screwed up by not having a FULL length GT for the PS3.... and each holiday season I wonder when they are going to figure that out.  GT used to be the ONLY car-custimizable-epic-racing game that was even worth playing.  And now Forza 2 has kinda killed that monopoly.

I'd say GT3 is my fav racing game ever. But I have to say Forza is great in every way...I was addicted too, can't wait for Forza 3. It's a shame some people discredit the game when GT is being talked about....

Forza is a great franchise but it is still nothing compared to Gran Turismo in terms is popularity, I dont think it will ever be as popular. If Forza 3 was to release the same month as GT5, even on a different platform it would be suicide for Forza 3.

well...
1)I've just bought a x360 and this means that I can play almost all the games i could be interested in (and consideing announced games this is going to be true at least till the beginning of 2010)...ok, apart from a couple of exclusives but i won't spend 300+ € just to play a couple of games.
2)i already have a BR player that's better than the PS3 (Samsung bdp 2500)

...i colud buy a ps3 when it reaches the 199€ price tag.

2008 year end sales (made in January 2008):

44.2 M 27.1 M 20.8 M

why you want this to happen? if you own a ps3 already whats the point? you want sony to close their doors because of the losses... then you will never play a sony game again.

and no i wouldnt buy it even if it was cheaper than the 360

Around the Network
Gorgory said:
why you want this to happen? if you own a ps3 already whats the point? you want sony to close their doors because of the losses... then you will never play a sony game again.

and no i wouldnt buy it even if it was cheaper than the 360

pardon?

I am saying WHEN sony drop the price of the console to that amount, not saying it will happen now but it is going to happen down the road.

jpain333 said:
Comrade Tovya said:
jpain333 said:

doubt it, the only time i've supported more than one console in a Gen was having a ps1 and N64....plus now that Tekken is coming along, and having Forza doesn't really make me wish for GT anymore, think i'll just stick with my 360...

if it hits $199...whenever the hell that will be...i'll think about it then...

Well, while I don't agree with everything you said, I agree about the Forza 2 thing... I'm pretty sure I like Forza 2 more than I liked GT, and man was I addicted to that game.  I think Sony really screwed up by not having a FULL length GT for the PS3.... and each holiday season I wonder when they are going to figure that out.  GT used to be the ONLY car-custimizable-epic-racing game that was even worth playing.  And now Forza 2 has kinda killed that monopoly.

I'd say GT3 is my fav racing game ever. But I have to say Forza is great in every way...I was addicted too, can't wait for Forza 3. It's a shame some people discredit the game when GT is being talked about....

Part of the reason why Forza 2 gets a slight edge over GT3 is because of the absolutely awesome "official" XBOX 360 stearing wheel/peddles.  I absolutely love the realism it adds to races, and amongst other cars my dad owns, he has Maserati Gran Turismo with paddle shifting.  I've had the pleasure of driving that car many times, and therefore I love the fact that the 360 steering wheel has the paddle shifters as well.  Tons of fun...

MarioKart:

Wii Code:

2278-0348-4368

1697-4391-7093-9431

XBOX LIVE: Comrade Tovya 2
PSN ID:

Comrade_Tovya

RPG said:
WOW really some people still have the software issue with the console? BY the time PS3 goes to that price I assume games like GT5, GOW 3, FFXIII, KZ 2 etc will have released yet software still will not be good enough.

You can flip through my game collection if you are curious. The only PS3 game that has my eye currently is Disgaea 3. The multiplatform games would normally be a decent push (what few appeal to me) but I picked up a 360 for Culdcept Saga and those multiplatform games. I can say that not one game you have listedappeals to me in the slightest. I am not your typical gamer though.

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229

RPG said:

well more than 90% of both consoles game libraries is multiplatform so when you are considering buying ps3 that is 2x more expensive you have to look at exclusive it offers and there is about 3-4 exclusive games(both released and upcoming) i REALLY would like to play so i don't care if ps3 will hit even 200$ tomorrow since it still won't be worth it for me.

Silentburritoassasin said:
Maybe... When pigs fly

Get ready to buy one.