By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Gamestop's after thanksgiving deals!

mike_intellivision said:
There were a few game sales there. But like most places, they are charging full price on games.

The reason I go to Gamestop is to buy used games -- because I can return them if they suck.

Mike from Morgantown

(You think I am closing in on 100 Wii games buying them ALL new?)

I agree with that.  But my local Gamestop is starting to tick me off a little.

For the third time in a roll, I went in to buy a used game (I even called ahead of time to make sure they had it).

When I got there to buy the game, the manager-twerp behing the counter told me, "Yeah, we have a used copy of that, but Ethan is taking it home to check it out".  So apparently, a Gamestop employee playing a game he doesn't have to pay for is more important than making a sale to a customer.

I think they used to really, really try hard back when EB Games was still around as a competitor.  They paid fair prices for used games, and were a heck of a lot nicer.  For example, I went in to sell MGS4 back to them (I didn't care for it) and they offered me $12.00.  Are you kidding me?  They were completely sold out of used copies (this is the day after release bear in mind) and all they would offer me is $12.00 on a game I bought for $59.95 the day before, and they would have sold for $54.95 used had I opted to sell it to them.

So while buying used games is what the whole Gamestop experience is supposed to be about, I now find myself doing the eBay thing more often now.  I don't want to drive down to a game store to have my intelligence insulted... I can stay at home and have my wife do that to me for free.  (Just kidding honey, don't hit me, please!)

MarioKart:

Wii Code:

2278-0348-4368

1697-4391-7093-9431

XBOX LIVE: Comrade Tovya 2
PSN ID:

Comrade_Tovya