By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - what brand hdtv should i buy?

I second that

Around the Network

Sony/Samsung

Sony and Samsung are the best. You should pay a lot of attention to specs, especially the contrast ratio.

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

Don't get a 1080p 32" TV... it's pointless on anything smaller than a 40" (and really is not very noticeable difference wise until you hit 50").

I personally think Toshiba & Sony make the best in the 32" range because the refresh rates are faster and smoother... but really there are a lot of great manufacturers out there.

I have 4 HDTVs...

a 65" Sony Bravia 1080p, a 42" Vizio 720p, 40" Olevia 720p, and a 27" Toshiba 720p.

And out of those 4, the Vizio is the worst gaming TV because it trails more than the others, and the refresh rates for gaming is very unimpressive. More importantly, it depends on your budget... how much can you spend?

MarioKart:

Wii Code:

2278-0348-4368

1697-4391-7093-9431

XBOX LIVE: Comrade Tovya 2
PSN ID:

Comrade_Tovya

In my opnion, Samsung is the best HDTV to buy at this point. My word of advice to buy a HDTV after February 17,2009. According to some news articles, there is a good chance most of the HDTVs won't work when television goes digital. The reason they won't work is because those HDTVs don't have the digital transition programmed into them. So you'll will probably have to wait a little after the digital transition.

TO GOD BE THE GLORY

Around the Network
Snake612 said:
In my opnion, Samsung is the best HDTV to buy at this point. My word of advice to buy a HDTV after February 17,2009. According to some news articles, there is a good chance most of the HDTVs won't work when television goes digital. The reason they won't work is because those HDTVs don't have the digital transition programmed into them. So you'll will probably have to wait a little after the digital transition.

Actually, all 4 of mine do, and most of the ones made in the last two years are ready for the transition.

MarioKart:

Wii Code:

2278-0348-4368

1697-4391-7093-9431

XBOX LIVE: Comrade Tovya 2
PSN ID:

Comrade_Tovya

I have a 32inch LG 1080p LCD and its super sexy and nice! it was like 900 bucks i think.

8th gen predictions. (made early 2014)
PS4: 60-65m
WiiU: 30-35m
X1: 30-35m
3DS: 80-85m
PSV: 15-20m

for me its either samsung, sony, and maybe panasonic because all the tvs my parents bought were panasonic :p

my dad picked out a vizio 42 1080p lcd and a panasonic 42 720p plasma. i explained to him why 42 is better then 32, why 1080p is better then 720p, and why lcd is better then plasma.

we decided to get it next year or christmas time cuz it be cheaper and we not in a rush.

Ok, so you need to do some research and gauge your preferences.  Hands down the best LCD's on the market are Samsung and Sony, but it isnt by a huge margin over Sharp.  Samsung and Sony have a joint venture into LCD production so they use very similar hardware, the processor however is different.  That is the only info I will give you.  People can argue days over which is the best and there are numerous long posts people can add here to confuse you but here is my opinion on what you should do.  Go to every electronics store in your area and look at every 32" TV they have.  Mess with them, play with them, and if you want take a console of yours with you to test with a TV you are serious about.  Most stores allow this but some will hassle you.  Regardless you are the buyer and you have a right to test drive your TV for what you will use it for.  Also, you need to gauge the comfort of the control and the menu bars and see if you understand it and it has the functionality you desire.  Once you find a TV that fits YOU don't be affraid to hassle back at them for a better price or to shop around a bit.  That's all I have for you.

Comrade Tovya said:
Don't get a 1080p 32" TV... it's pointless on anything smaller than a 40" (and really is not very noticeable difference wise until you hit 50").

I personally think Toshiba & Sony make the best in the 32" range because the refresh rates are faster and smoother... but really there are a lot of great manufacturers out there.

I have 4 HDTVs...

a 65" Sony Bravia 1080p, a 42" Vizio 720p, 40" Olevia 720p, and a 27" Toshiba 720p.

And out of those 4, the Vizio is the worst gaming TV because it trails more than the others, and the refresh rates for gaming is very unimpressive. More importantly, it depends on your budget... how much can you spend?

what series is your bravia?