By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Biggest 360 Week Ever? Tales from Black Friday

By that logic we should see merely a 20% increase in overall US sales next week. Problem is Wal-Mart wasn't the only place having great bundles but if ya want to keep ignoring that fact that is perfectly ok. Targets and CC bundles were very attractive as well. No clue on BB personally.

Around the Network

another thing I just thought of... If the 360 was selling SOOO well why are all the retailers basically giving it away? Like, i mean.... I will use the Wii again. Do you EVER see a sweet deal for a Wii? heck no... You always see the Wii + WiiPlay + Carnival Games For 349.99 bs... If something sell like made on its own you dont put it on a major sale.

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut

GranTurismoHelperMax said:
So that was the 360 arcade bundle with sega superstar tennis and GH3 $199? Wow thats a gr8 deal. Y couldnt sony do something like that :P

It's not up to MS or Sony.  My guess why we're seeing few PS3 deals, its the 399 + GH isn't eye catching to the casual consumer, while 199 is.  A 399 game console packaged with something almost never looks like a monster deal.

Legend11 said:
bigjon said:
hate to bust ur 360 bubble, but either there is a crapload of supply or they are not selling like crazy... The are huge piles of them in my local Sears, Best Buy, TRU, and Gamestop(that had stack sitting on the desk)

It is not often I laugh while reading these type threads, but today was much different!  Thanks for that image I needed a good laugh.

This was CLASSIC!

"If you've got them by the balls their hearts and minds will follow."

Quote by- The Imortal John Wayne, the original BADASS!

Passenger57 said:
^ I know, especially for just one day

um ya, I do realize it is not just any week. Basically, if we see godly sales of the 360 this week (I am saying like 450k in NA alone) ioi will have overtracked and NDP will come in lower for the 360.

I expect sales of 350k or so in NA, and about 550-600 k ww- which would be very sexy sales.

Around the Network
bigjon said:
another thing I just thought of... If the 360 was selling SOOO well why are all the retailers basically giving it away? Like, i mean.... I will use the Wii again. Do you EVER see a sweet deal for a Wii? heck no... You always see the Wii + WiiPlay + Carnival Games For 349.99 bs... If something sell like made on its own you dont put it on a major sale.

Well, I'm not American but isn't the point of these promotions to get people into your shop? If the 360 is one of the hot items of the moment, it seems like a good idea to have promotions on it.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

bigjon said:

Ok, this will be the last only time I will respond to you as you seem hell bent on debunking this thread. The 360 has been selling incredibly well for the last few weeks, and hasn't been sold out. Now as of TODAY they are selling out everywhere.

Common sense would tell you that this will most likely be the biggest sales week for the 360 ever, and demand is already up. nuff said. Demand for wii has always been great but this is a 360 thread. 

bigjon said:
Passenger57 said:
^ I know, especially for just one day

um ya, I do realize it is not just any week. Basically, if we see godly sales of the 360 this week (I am saying like 450k in NA alone) ioi will have overtracked and NDP will come in lower for the 360.

I expect sales of 350k or so in NA, and about 550-600 k ww- which would be very sexy sales.

Oh because the 360 can't possibly sell above a certain amount. You're just being ignorant now, you have no idea how many 360's can/will be sold this week so how do you know if it does sell 450K in NA its been overtracked? you don't.

i swore to myself that i will NEVER go shopping on black friday, the last time i went was in 2002 when the dreamcast died and they were selling the system like crazy in best buy,it was madness lol.. On topic: yeah MS should be porud with the 360 the big push and a 200 dollar system is hard to resist to a counsmer that like causals game but like mature games (cod4,Halo3 etc...)

Playing Assassin's Creed and Resident evil 5 <3

I dont want to be fanboy anymore...Why? it takes to much work but i will call on ppl on there B.S!!!:)

Passenger57 said:
bigjon said:

Ok, this will be the last only time I will respond to you as you seem hell bent on debunking this thread. The 360 has been selling incredibly well for the last few weeks, and hasn't been sold out. Now as of TODAY they are selling out everywhere.

Common sense would tell you that this will most likely be the biggest sales week for the 360 ever, and demand is already up. nuff said. Demand for wii has always been great but this is a 360 thread. 

I feel so honored you were willing to respond to me one last time.

The 360 is not selling out everywhere. And no I do not like in bum fuk arkansas.... I like in Ft Wayne Indiana, a city of about 250-300k. Common sense does say that the 360 will have one of if not the best week it has ever had.... Did I already not say I knew that. I think you dont even get what you are saying... If the 360 sold out everywhere at once this week sales would not be just 600k WW, but like 800k in NA. Also if you are right about the deals driving demand more than the product that you are in store for an epic drop next week. Because by that logic, any person with common sense would have run out and gotten an awsome deal this week... since everyone had awsome deals of course...

Since you keep missing this I do think the 360 will have its best week ever... I just am pointing out what is being said is not true (as far a widespread sellouts)