By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Just recieved my 360 today but I am having a few worrisome questions...

Mine makes that slight grinding noise sometimes. It hasn't scratched a disc yet, so I'm not worried yet.

~Currently Playing Zelda: Phantom Hourglass, Uncharted, Ratchet and Clank: FTOD, and Resistance: Retribution~

Around the Network

I don't know exactly the sound you're hearing, but are you sure it isn't just the normal movement of the drive's optical head?

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

mine makes all sorts of wierd noises. works wonderfully though...so i figure they are good noises

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

With all the games I have, Fable 2 spins the loudest. I thought Gears was going to kill my 360 back when it came out. It ended up being Fable 2 that killed my DVD drive. It was my fault though, I thought my 360 was invincible, I've had it since launch and it never RROD on me. I abused it to living hell, when Fable 2 came out. I spun it for 3 days straight without turning it off. After shutting it down one day and turning it back on, I get "unreadable disc" error whenever I put a disc in. My 360 still works, just can't read DVDs. It still hasn't RROD on me. I was only a week away from NXE too. Hard drive install was at my fingertips.

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Xbone... the new "N" word   Apparently I troll MS now | Evidence | Evidence

Make sure your console is horizontal, I heard discs might get scratched if it's vertical or if you move the console while the disc is spinning. It's better being safe than sorry.