By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Super Smash Bros. Brawl or Mario Kart Wii? Which should I get?

I usually avoid making these kind of threads, but I'm having trouble deciding and I can only get one. Mario Kart Wii or Super Smash Bros. Brawl. (I did look for threads like this, but I couldn't find any)

Both games have been recieved positively by both users and critics on metacritic, but SSBB has the higher score on both.

Mario Kart Wii:
Critics: 82 (72 Reviews)
Users: 81 (192 Reviews)

Super Smash Bros. Brawl:
Critics: 94 (79 Reviews)
Users: 88 (711 Reviews)

I've played Kart Racers before like Crash Team Racing and Speed Freaks, and thoroughly enjoyed them...The closest I've really gotten to a brawler is Bloodlines or Tekken....and tekken isnt even a brawler.

So I was hoping you guys could perhaps shed some light on which audience each game is more targeted towards, and which one is probably better for me.

Not that I think it will be much help, but here's the link to my games collection http://www.vgchartz.com/profiles/mygames.php?id=14030 .

(My other option is get the cheaper No More Heroes or Zack And Wiki. But just looking into MKW and SSBB right now)

Around the Network

I like Mario Kart better.

Smash bros is superior IMO.

So much content packed into it, pretty graphics, the most addictive game play, and a pretty cool adventure mode.

Mario kart doesn't really compare but its still a load of fun online, and has some awesome tracks. Plus the time trials are fun especially with DL ghosts, and leaderboards.

Id suggest getting both eventually. BTW between No more heroes and zack and wiki, I'd go with no more heroes its awesome.

Support good third party games on wii. Buy games like house of the dead overkill, de blob, madworld, the conduit and boom blox.

How many friends do you have and how serious about gaming are they?

I would get brawl. its almost like a never ending game. its one of the best games this gen.

3DS FC: 4355-9313-6815

Around the Network

They are two totally different games. I have both and they are great games but imo Brawl is much better.

Don't Worry.....Be Happy

Khuutra said:

Well I know about 4 people who own a Wii. But only one or two of them would play those games actively.
I wouldn't mind probably playing with strangers online, even if I cant communicate with them or whatever.
Edit: Heard brawls a bit laggy long distance though.

Gnosis said:
Khuutra said:

Well I know about 4 people who own a Wii. But only one or two of them would play those games actively.
I wouldn't mind probably playing with strangers online, even if I cant communicate with them or whatever.

Mario Kart is a Hell of a lot better for parties with people who don't nomally play games, if that matters.

It depends on your taste. Both are great games for their genre.

And I agree with Rol, the Wii Wheel is amazing. The reason people hate it is way beyond me.

Gnosis said:
Khuutra said:

It actually depends on your internet connection. I was able to have a good match with someone who lives in Australia. (I live in the east coast of USA). It had some lag but it was very playable.

EDIT: Sorry for the double post.