By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Killzone 2 should get a lot of advertisement

Killzone 2 is looking to be one of the best PS3 shooters for 2009. This is a game that will not only be praised for its graphics but for its gameplay. I hope this game will receive a lot of hype on ign.com and good commercials to promote the game.

TO GOD BE THE GLORY

Around the Network

I hope so as well tho i rarely seen any Sony game advertisement got really big advertisements like Halo or Gears, even if its Sony's big exclusives.

It should get loads of advertising, but it won't.

Still, GG has a say in the ads, so hopefully they'll stop Sony from putting any of their typical crazy BS in them.

Can Sony afford ads atm?

If SONY choose to do heavy marketing, they HAVE to differentiate the game as far away from Halo as possible, because we all remember how quickly shot down KZ1 was when it was labelled the "Halo-Killer".

Not that Sony would mention a rival product in their ads, but the way the ad campaign is setup (no live-action ads) and the nature of the ads (i.e I don't want to see a character taking a "last stand" and doing a mad dash through the opposition lines in order to devastate them from within like the Halo 3 superbowl ad, I think it was the superbowl ad, the one with the bubble shield reveal).

Around the Network

If Sony would advertise saying that "the game can only be done on PS3" or "Is the best graphical game to date" then I think it would be a big hit, but I can feel another creative Sony ad campaign coming on for this game.

is sad that sony only does 2 things, no ads at all or a crazy weird ad that scares costumers away

dd if = /dev/brain | tail -f | grep games | nc -lnvvp 80

Hey Listen!

https://archive.org/details/kohina_radio_music_collection

radha said:
is sad that sony only does 2 things, no ads at all or a crazy weird ad that scares costumers away

I dont think Sony ads scare customers away, I just dont think they emphasis the things that differ the PS3 from the Xbox 360 and Wii. However, their ads is one of the things I love about Sony. They stand out from the crowd and are unique, they're also good to watch.

Snake612 said:

Killzone 2 is looking to be one of the best PS3 shooters for 2009. This is a game that will not only be praised for its graphics but for its gameplay. I hope this game will receive a lot of hype on ign.com and good commercials to promote the game.

From the information i'm hearing from the beta it's seeming more like Killzone 2 is looking to be one of the best shooters ever on any console, but we'll soon find out for sure:)

Bring on February.

It would be stupid not to advertise it.