By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Shenmue 3: The Mass Mail Edition

For the record I'm sendin mine in this week.

Kotaku.com

Power to the people! In a move straight ou tof the Jericho fan playbook, disgruntled Shenmue devotees are planning a mass protest to try and convince SEGA to resurrect the franchise.

It is intended that the two protests will only be superficially similar, however. Whereas Jericho nuts sent bags of, er, nuts the Shenmue protest will take the form of literally some plastic toy capsules being posted to SEGA offices. Oh, and hopefully the Shenmue protest will be successful.

Ryo Hazuki of the Shenmue MySpace Campaign has this advice for would-be protesters, "Please include a letter asking for the continuation of the Shenmue series with your toy capsules, and poster printed from the Shenmue Poster Project. If you are only sending a letter, please include a poster with yours as well. Please be polite in you letters as you will be representing the entire Shenmue fan base :)"

Protests begin on November 27th through to December 29th.

Here is the Myspace link below.

Mass Mailing SEGA!!! Shenmue!

For those who would like to check how much it would cost to mail from their Country/city, Check at your local post office, fedex, or UPS store. Here is Sega of Japan's address:

SEGA CORPORATION
1-2-12 Haneda
Ohta-ku
Tokyo 144-8531
Japan

You may send an additional pack to Yu Suzuki at the same address:

Yu Suzuki
1-2-12 Haneda
Ohta-ku
Tokyo 144-8531
Japan

PS4 Preordered - 06/11/2013 @09:30am

XBox One Preordered - 06/19/2013 @07:57pm

"I don't trust #XboxOne & #Kinect 2.0, it's always connected" as you tweet from your smartphone - irony 0_o

Around the Network

I'm soo there.

I was there a few months ago.

This gets a chuckle from me and other people like me.

huahuahuahuahua

Nice place to visit btw(ohta-ku, near Haneda).

Its got a kick ass restaurant right on top of the subway station.

So they are asking that Sega makes a game that will probably make them losing a lot of money? I would already be happy if they make a special edtion of Shenmue 1 and 2 with some extra's for PS3/WII/Xbox 360

konnichiwa said:

So they are asking that Sega makes a game that will probably make them losing a lot of money? I would already be happy if they make a special edtion of Shenmue 1 and 2 with some extra's for PS3/WII/Xbox 360

The re-release of shenmue 1 & 2 is a great idea, put both these great games on one 360/ps3 disc with achievements/trophies and it will sell well and hopefully help fund the development of shenmue 3.

Shenmue 3 has to be made, its a story of epic proportions.

Shenmue 1 & 2...... still my 2 most fave games of all time........!!!!!

Around the Network

They could do release both of them on xbla, like soul caliber. I mean the closest thing to shanmue is Yakuza.

Can I just go to Sega in San Francisco and hand deliver my capsule...

-=Dew the disco dancing fo da Unco Graham=-

For me Shenmue is too good for xbla, its got to be released full price on both 360 and ps3 for maximum exposure.

Grahamhsu said:
Can I just go to Sega in San Francisco and hand deliver my capsule...

I suspected that you would post on a shenmue thread, i like yourself am desperate for this EPIC franchise to come to some sort of conclusion, before i need to be cryogenically frozen to ensure i get to play shenmue 3

I still can't believe they haven't finished Shenmue. It's not like it would be much more demanding budget wise than their average expenditure on Yakuza, and they made four of those already, to a miniscule amount of interest.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.