By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Fight Night Round 4 release date?

Anyone have any idea when this will be?  I love FNR3 and still play it loads.  I saw the youtube clips on FNR4 though and visually it didn`t look that impressive.  Anyone else looking forwad to this one?

Around the Network

Uhhhh, I don't think there is another installment in the Fight Night franchise coming out (sad really). FN3 was supposed to be the last. But in gaming, anything is possible, as of now, no future release.

TheTruthHurts! said:
Uhhhh, I don't think there is another installment in the Fight Night franchise coming out (sad really). FN3 was supposed to be the last. But in gaming, anything is possible, as of now, no future release.

er...I think you`re wrong there mate!  Look it up on youtube - MIke Tyson is also in it!

fight night is shit!

I'm looking forward to it. I'm not sure what you were expecting graphically though. It looks like a slight upgrade from Fight Night Round 3, which is all you would really expect since FNR3 was pretty damn impressive upon release.

@toastboy-You forgot to put "the" in between "is" and "shit".

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

Around the Network

@toastboy

That wasn`t the question....the question is....anyone know of any release date info. Your post was shit.

Onyxmeth said:

I'm looking forward to it. I'm not sure what you were expecting graphically though. It looks like a slight upgrade from Fight Night Round 3, which is all you would really expect since FNR3 was pretty damn impressive upon release.

No I didnt....fight night is one of the worst fighters/wrestling games ever!!!

Edit: never mind it sold well on 360...I like it now!

Screamer77 said:

@toastboy

That wasn`t the question....the question is....anyone know of any release date info. Your post was shit.

TBA 2009, so most likely in the Fall. Here's who they have announced so far and some info on the new physics and engine.

Heavyweight Division

• Muhammad Ali
  • Mike Tyson
  • Lennox Lewis
  • Rocky Marciano
  • Gerry Cooney

Light Heavyweight Division

• Roy Jones Jr

Middleweight Division

• Sugar Ray Leonard
  • Winky Wright

Welterweight Division

• Sergio Mora
  • Emanuel Augustus
  • Ricky Hatton

The Game Uses a brand new physics engine that will mean punches can be blocked, half-blocked, glance, hit shoulders or landed squarely. Another new technology is a new AI system dubbed R.E.A.L (Record Evaluate Adapt Learn).

The only thing that worries me is the studio that created Fight Night closed down and now EA Canada is taking over. I hope they do the series justice.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

toastboy44562 said:
Onyxmeth said:

Since when was FN a wrestling game?

Screamer77 said:
toastboy44562 said:
Onyxmeth said:

Since when was FN a wrestling game?

I meant boxing..