By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Quick predictions of this weeks hardware numbers...

Last years numbers for the week prior to Black Friday.

Wii 280K
PS3 229K
360 197K

week prior to that (This corresponds to the week ending November 15th)

Wii 292K
PS3 159K
360 196K

So I expect something like the following:

Wii 700K
360 400K a little more than a 20% boost with Japan getting a bump.
PS3 210K a little more than last week, but Japan declining again.

Also I believe that with the ample supply available the Wii is selling at holiday levels already. I dont see a huge much bump week over week going forward. People have been picking them up already with an eye towards the holidays. Wii will still sell like crazy (shouldnt), but the 360 and PS3 will see bigger bumps the remainder of the year as a percentage.

Its libraries that sell systems not a single game.

Around the Network

wii 655
360 342
PS3 223

I'm disappointed in you PS3

Play Me

I expect the DS to do 600-620k. Wii similar. When do the numbers come out, is there some sort of a schedule or just when ioi is ready and has time.

Manchester United 2008-09 Season - Trophies & Records

Barclays Premier League 2008-09: 1st // UEFA Champions League 2008-09: Finals (Yet To Play) // FIFA Club World Cup: Winners // UEFA Super Cup: Runners-up // FA Cup: Semi-Finals // League (Carling) Cup: Winners // FA (Charity) Community Shield: Winners
Records: First British Team To Win FIFA Club World Cup, New Record for No. Of Consecutive Clean Sheets In Premier League, New English & British League Records for Minutes Without Conceding, New Record For Going Undeafeated In Champions League (25 games ongoing), First British Team To Beat FC Porto In Portugal, First Club To Defeat Arsenal At The Emirates In European Competition, First Team In English League Football History To Win 3 Titles Back To Back On Two Seperate Ocassions
thx1139 said:

Wii 280K
PS3 229K
360 197K

Wii 292K
PS3 159K
360 196K

Wii 700K

Also I believe that with the ample supply available the Wii is selling at holiday levels already. I dont see a huge much bump week over week going forward. People have been picking them up already with an eye towards the holidays. Wii will still sell like crazy (shouldnt), but the 360 and PS3 will see bigger bumps the remainder of the year as a percentage.

Nintendo has been manufacturing at 2.4 million per month for a while now. I think they have a pretty big stock pile as TheSource has reported, so the numbers for the Wii can grow quite a bit still.

i predict that the gap between 360 and PS3 will be 100K, not the double everyone talking about

Currently Playing: Final Fantasy XIII (PS3), White Knight Chronicles (PS3), PES 2010 (PS3), Killzone 2 (PS3)

Games to Finish: Silent hill Homecoming (PS3), Valkyria Chronicles (PS3), Oblivion (PS3)

Around the Network
FishyJoe said:
thx1139 said:

Wii 280K
PS3 229K
360 197K

Wii 292K
PS3 159K
360 196K

Wii 700K

Nintendo has been manufacturing at 2.4 million per month for a while now. I think they have a pretty big stock pile as TheSource has reported, so the numbers for the Wii can grow quite a bit still.

I didnt say that they couldnt grow. I said they wouldnt grow.  Around Chicago for 2+ weeks I could walk into just about anywhere and just pick up a Wii.   Thats not saying that the Wii isnt selling. What I am saying is that people are not waiting to pick them up until after Black Friday.  They are getting them when they see them so they dont miss out this year.  Because of this I dont see the Wii going much higher than 700-800K per week (Still an incredible number).  While I see the 360 jumping as high as 700-800K one or two weeks this Holiday period.

Its libraries that sell systems not a single game.

gebx said:
kowenicki said:

I am going to keep it simple..... worldwide weekly sales of:

Wii   650k

360  400k

PS3  200k

I actually have no idea what the Wii may do, so I'll say whatever it did last week plus a bit.  But i do think the 360 will double the PS3 this week.

I'm gonna say

Wii   651k

360  401k

PS3  201k

Will see who's closest!! :p

Haha didn't know this was Price is Right...

The US 360 numbers don't stray too far from the others region so yeah over 400k would be a given.

I think the Wii will be closer to 700 and the PS3 around 230.

Wii- 820k
360-410k
Ps3-285k
DS- 1000k

We already know Wii is at 410k in others, I can see 80-90k in Japan and around 300k in NA.

360 very strong, has now hit its mass market price point I would believe. Price advantage will kill PS3 this year...

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut

Wii 925k
Xbox360 595k
Ps3 480k

DON'T WIN ME CHIBI BUDDY DON'T WIN ME.

ANIMAL CROSSING NEW LEAF FRIEND CODE:- 5129 1175 1029. MESSAGE ME.
ANDY MURRAY:- GRAND SLAM WINNER!

In my opinion the N64 was not just the best console of the 5th gen but, to this day the best console ever created!

kowenicki said:

I am going to keep it simple..... worldwide weekly sales of:

Wii   650k

360  400k

PS3  200k

I actually have no idea what the Wii may do, so I'll say whatever it did last week plus a bit.  But i do think the 360 will double the PS3 this week.

The Wii did more than that last week.

All three of those figures are too low IMO.

Wii- 820k
360- 420k
PS3- 230k

and just because.

DS- 880k
PSP- 230k