By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - 360 has a above 25 million install base!!!

Grahamhsu said:
^The end of this month? Going by past trends I'm guessing 360 will sell 315 thousand this week and 300 next week so no...but your free to create a Xbox 360 23 million thread when the new numbers come out =)

You got it!

Around the Network

We've already surpassed the installed base of the original Xbox - which is a really significant milestone.

Though PR people often seem to get shipped/sold confused, he seems to be implying these aren't shipped numbers.

Yet, today, America's leaders are reenacting every folly that brought these great powers [Russia, Germany, and Japan] to ruin -- from arrogance and hubris, to assertions of global hegemony, to imperial overstretch, to trumpeting new 'crusades,' to handing out war guarantees to regions and countries where Americans have never fought before. We are piling up the kind of commitments that produced the greatest disasters of the twentieth century.
 — Pat Buchanan – A Republic, Not an Empire

Soon, young padawan.

"...You can't kill ideas with a sword, and you can't sink belief structures with a broadside. You defeat them by making them change..."

- From By Schism Rent Asunder

lol cum, LOL

its cumming very soon

Around the Network

You guys have made me always keep the text

"Shipped =/= sold"

in my copypaste clipboard

If and I say IF they mean sold to consumer, maybe when christmas is done the 360 will get figures updated. Like PS3 Jan this year. The price cut affects numbers and the tracking of them. Maybe it has been flying off shelves.

This article is also from the link in the OP. It was 6 days ago and points towards 25 mill for 360 WW.

http://play.tm/news/22281/xbox-360-closes-in-on-25-million

toastboy44562 said:
Grahamhsu said:
^The end of this month? Going by past trends I'm guessing 360 will sell 315 thousand this week and 300 next week so no...but your free to create a Xbox 360 23 million thread when the new numbers come out =)

You got it!

The 360 passed the 23 million mark with the other numbers up now, so where's the thread! hehe

starcraft: "I and every PS3 fanboy alive are waiting for Versus more than FFXIII.
Me since the games were revealed, the fanboys since E3."

Skeeuk: "playstation 3 is the ultimate in gaming acceleration"

toastboy44562 said:
So do you think it will have sold 25 million at the end of the month?

Wow that’s a joke right? I mean you can’t be serious right? It will be an amazing achievement if it does that at the end of the year!  

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

Roma said:
toastboy44562 said:
So do you think it will have sold 25 million at the end of the month?

Wow that’s a joke right? I mean you can’t be serious right? It will be an amazing achievement if it does that at the end of the year!  

With this weeks numbers likely to be nearly 500,000 WW. There is no reason to not expect it to be higher than that for the remaining christams period. I believe it's entirely easily possible for 360 to get near 27 mill by the end of the year. for instance if next week see 650,000 - 700,000 WW for 360 (which is entirely possible as the sales will only rise from this week) and if it achieves that through to Dec 25 then 360 will easily clear 25 mill.