By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - I got banned from World of Warcraft!

So I decided to finally log into WoW for the first time since September and I get a message telling me that my account has been permanently closed!

As far as I know I've done nothing wrong.  I use a lot of addons but I get them from the big addon sites and ones that are the major ones that most everyone uses.  I also use a leveling guide my friends let me use (just tells me a super effecient order to do quests to level up quickly) but neither of those things should be ban worthy.

As far as I know I never got an email telling me I was banned so I emailed support today to see if they can at least tell me why I was banned.

Around the Network

Probably piracy.

They're going to steal all my crappy quest armor! ;_;

Considering I've group a max of two times, use all my money on crafting, and have only done quests, I really don't have a lot people would want to steal.  :-p

Yarr

twesterm said:

Considering I've group a max of two times, use all my money on crafting, and have only done quests, I really don't have a lot people would want to steal.  :-p

No i was jokingly suggesting you pirated the game.

They just recently banned a lot of people due to add ons though.  So you probably downloaded one that was on the not approved list.

Around the Network
Kasz216 said:
twesterm said:

They just recently banned a lot of people due to add ons though.  So you probably downloaded one that was on the not approved list.

But I haven't even logged on since sometime around September.  Where can I find a list of the bad ones?

As far as I know, none of the ones I used where that bad.

• Metamap
  • RSwapper (swapped weapons when I went stealth)
  • One that keeps track of things at the auction house so I know if something is higher or lower than usual.  It doesn't actually buy or sell things for you though
  • One that kept my bags organized
  • One that showed me the cooldowns on my abilities
  • One that showed me how much health enemies have and percentages of what they dropped
  • one that kept my quests organized
  • One that told me crafting recipes

And I think that was about all I used, there may have been more but nothing major.  You would think there would be at least some kind of warning for that.

twesterm said:
Kasz216 said:
twesterm said:

But I haven't even logged on since sometime around September.  Where can I find a list of the bad ones?

Not sure, think according to the Terms of Use it would be any that have an executable or runs seperatly from the program.

Kasz216 said:
twesterm said:
Kasz216 said:
twesterm said:

Not sure, think according to the Terms of Use it would be any that have an executable or runs seperatly from the program.

Definately didn't use anything that ran seperately from WoW.  They were all activated from inside of WoW and on my addons page.

Sorry bro do you remember Vanessa912, the girl that you met in the woods the one you had a date with in WoW, well that was me... You broke my heart, you said you loved me...But when we traded some naked picture on a cold dark sempternight you logged off and never came back.....Is that because I have a Penis? So I reported you at the WoW staff.

Sorry couldn't longer hide it.

konnichiwa said:
Sorry bro do you remember Vanessa912, the girl that you met in the woods the one you had a date with in WoW, well that was me... You broke my heart, you said you loved me...But when we traded some naked picture on a cold dark sempternight you logged off and never came back.....Is that because I have a Penis? So I reported you at the WoW staff.

Sorry couldn't longer hide it.

Sorry, I only remember a Jessica429.