By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Who is the greatest video game character of all time?

Hands down it has to go to Mario!

Mario is #1

http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/characters/images/mario/mario.jpg" width="355" height="278">

TO GOD BE THE GLORY

Around the Network

I never understood the appeal of Mario. Sure, he's been in some really good games, but the character himself is rather ... crap, in my opinion. Everything, from his design to his stupid catch phrases, just annoy me.

No, surely it has to go to Solid Snake. He has more depth than any other videogame character I can think of off the top of my head, and is just all round cool and badass too.

i agree with the OP, mario is the greatest video game charecter ever, sure link, cloud, snake and master cheif are very popular amongst gamers but mario goes beyond that, even my nan knows who mario is, he just has more appeal and can be used in any type of games, just look at the many genres he covers with his spin-offs

Wii/Mario Kart Wii Code:2793-0686-5434

Hmm i have to go with Solid snake

Marcus Fenix

Around the Network

Ryu of course

''Hadouken!''

Travis and Samus are great!

also, the rabbits from Rayman Rabing Rabbits series are the best game characters for me, such a personality!

don't mind my username, that was more than 10 years ago, I'm a different person now, amazing how people change ^_^

Snake and Link are without a doubt legendary game characters in this industry. However it has to go to Mario. For Mario to remain in the gaming industry for so long is something he should be praised for.

TO GOD BE THE GLORY

Ajax said:
Ryu of course

very good choice, he is probably my favorite charecter ever when it comes to fighting games, i always pick ryu in street fighter, and who can forget right-down punch

Wii/Mario Kart Wii Code:2793-0686-5434

Link