By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - if all the systems were the same price which one would sell the most?

The obvious answer is the Wii. Keep in mind that Nintendo has dedicated themselves to reaching out to the casual audience. They majority of purchasers from this gen are said casual/non-gamers, they don't care who made what system, what the graphics are, or what support their console has. To the casual gamer, the PS3/360 are two new game sytems, the wii is a family friendly revolution.

If you need any proof, just watch Nintendo's power over this casual audience...

As you can see here, Nintys plan to win over these moms has went just as they planned.

...fo sho

Around the Network
twilit said:

The obvious answer is the Wii. Keep in mind that Nintendo has dedicated themselves to reaching out to the casual audience. They majority of purchasers from this gen are said casual/non-gamers, they don't care who made what system, what the graphics are, or what support their console has. To the casual gamer, the PS3/360 are two new game sytems, the wii is a family friendly revolution.

If you need any proof, just watch Nintendo's power over this casual audience...

As you can see here, Nintys plan to win over these moms has went just as they planned.

...fo sho

wow and with that i jus lost all hope of ps3 wen oprahs involoved they win

This thread is suspiciously similar to a thread Rock_On created...hmmmmm?

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=34338

PS3.

PS2 was the king of all consoles created.

first place of course wii, second ps3 not only for their exclusives, but the blu ray and then xbox, that is a simply game machine

Around the Network

Wii of course!!

why would it be the Ps3?? it's almost the same to Xbox360 and Xbox360 is cheaper!
And the Wii is still outselling Xbox360 by much!

but i have to say the price of Ps3 made a lot of parents say "it's a waste of money" and then buying a Wii watching how fan it is!
here we are, where the Wii is so popular!

don't mind my username, that was more than 10 years ago, I'm a different person now, amazing how people change ^_^

I don't know -- which one would come with Wii Sports?

mrstickball said:
The Wii.

Why? It's selling more, revenue wise, than the Playstation 3 is by massively wide margins. It's passed the Rubicon in terms of "dominant console".

Even the Playstation 3 at a $250 price point would not topple the Wii, because the Wii is the go-to console. Microsoft proved that even though a $200 price point can certainly boost sales, that even having the superior console doesn't matter - consumers at large made their choice. And Word of Mouth will drive sales since the Wii is so prevalent in the consumer's eye.

Now, if all consoles were equal today, I am sure the PS3/X360 would sell much closer to the Wii, but they would not overtake the Wii. Maybe 2 years ago, when this started, the Playstation 3 would sell the most - but of course, your asking the dumbest question in the book - "What would sell better - a Porche at a Kia price, or a Kia at a Kia price?"

Except for this: I don't agree that PS3 is to Wii as Porsche is to Kia.

The Wii doesn't offer lower-quality entertainment than the PS3; it offers different-quality entertainment than the PS3. That's what accounts for the sales differential, not the cost. Once, a long time ago, I sold newspapers door-to-door. I was trying to figure out how to pitch them, and kept coming back to the fact that the paper was cheap. A sales manager pulled me aside at one point and told me that people don't decide to buy something based on price -- they decide to buy something because it answers their needs. Once someone believes that a product will answer their needs, price becomes a secondary consideration.

Look: as this generation approached, I had to decide which console to buy. I could've afforded either the PS3 or the Wii. My then console was the PS2. I love Final Fantasy, and the prospect of the next in that series & other series that I love (like Metal Gear) made me pencil in PS3. I even set aside money in an envelope marked PS3, I'm not kidding.

However, one night a friend & I were talking about videogames and he told me about how the Wii would operate (I was very out of the loop with video game news at the time). When he described the remote, etc., I just couldn't believe it. For the first time in a long time, video games had captured my imagination.

I was sold on the Wii (& didn't buy a PS3), not because of its cost, but because of the product itself.

the wii

How can you possibly misspell QWERTY? It's spelled correctly on the damn keyboard.

kunaixhaku said:

The Wii, Xbox 360 or PS3. Personally i think the ps3 cuzz of ps2's success, value and hardware doesnt freakn break on lil kids and make them cry( like some 360's) lol. What do you guys think?

Not another of these threads.  Let me take a wild guess - you are a Sony fan.  Correct?  Because imagining fantasy console prices seems to be a hobby of PS3 fans.

Anyway to answer a question that has no place in reality and has been asked a million times -

(i) if consoles were $1 Wii would sell the most

(ii) if $600 PS3 would sell the most

(iii) if consoles were $250 Wii would sell the most

Biggest Pikmin Fan on VGChartz I was chosen by default due to voting irregularities

Super Smash Brawl Code 1762-4158-5677 Send me a message if you want to receive a beat down