By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - if all the systems were the same price which one would sell the most?

The Wii. It may get outsold the first month or so by the PS3, because of all the core gamers rushing to buy one, but in the long run Wii would still trounce it and the 360 combined.

The thing is, this is never gonna happen, unless you want the whole of Sony to disappear, not just the gaming division.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

Around the Network
nordlead said:
Seraphic_Sixaxis said:
Are you joking?

If not, the PS3 without a doubt. with all its features still in tact, do any of you honestly belive otherwise?

are you joking. The X360 is already $50 cheaper, and the Wii still whipes the floor with it. Last year Wii's were going on e-bay for close to $400 which was the same price as a PS3.

There is no evidence that lowering the price of the PS3 to 250 would actually make it meet and beat the Wii's current sales pace.

True, but that doesnt change the fact it would give the Wii a run for its money, CG should make a poll about that.

Though i've seen it on GU and AR and the final result?...

"If the PlayStation 3 were the same Price as the Wii would a purchase come to mind?"

-Yes -72% 

-No -14%

-I dont know -2%

Not much of a backup, but regardless it would give the Wii some trouble, it doesnt help the fact Wii's sales are Wane'n but thats because almost everyone and his uncle owns a Wii, theres always room for a PS3. :P

RolStoppable said:
Seraphic_Sixaxis said:
nordlead said:
Seraphic_Sixaxis said:
Are you joking?

If not, the PS3 without a doubt. with all its features still in tact, do any of you honestly belive otherwise?

are you joking. The X360 is already $50 cheaper, and the Wii still whipes the floor with it. Last year Wii's were going on e-bay for close to $400 which was the same price as a PS3.

There is no evidence that lowering the price of the PS3 to 250 would actually make it meet and beat the Wii's current sales pace.

True, but that doesnt change the fact it would give the Wii a run for its money, CG should make a poll about that.

Though i've seen it on GU and AR and the final result?...

"If the PlayStation 3 were the same Price as the Wii would a purchase come to mind?"

-Yes -72% 

-No -14%

-I dont know -2%

Not much of a backup, but regardless it would give the Wii some trouble, it doesnt help the fact Wii's sales are Wane'n but thats because almost everyone and his uncle owns a Wii, theres always room for a PS3. :P

It's not just about demand, it's also about supply. Sony doesn't manufacture enough PS3s to outsell the Wii.

Besides, your "proof" is really poor, because only 88 % of gamers participated in the poll.

@Bolded  I Agree 100% now that you put it that way, forgot about that, at any rate my point still stands it would sell more then it does now.

And as for the poll, i dunno just did the ol' copy and paste, just go's to show though that quite abit would be happy with a price drop.

Wii it's all about popularity.

Gearbox said:
wiis popularitiy is falling :)

it will never be like the ps2. :)

Sarcasm or not its Popularity is Increasing :D

Already like Ps2 just well better :D

Seriously tho, If all consoles were at the same pricepoint the wii would easily still be winning by a clear margin because the focus of the consumer is now on the Wii. A price point would not change the consumers focus back to the HD consoles to and larger enough extent for them to outsell the wii. The wii simply is the " It " console and thats assured its victory dispite hypothetical pricing.

Around the Network
Instance56 said:
Gearbox said:

Seriously tho, If all consoles were at the same pricepoint the wii would easily still be winning by a clear margin because the focus of the consumer is now on the Wii. A price point would not change the consumers focus back to the HD consoles to and larger enough extent for them to outsell the wii. The wii simply is the " It " console and thats assured its victory dispite hypothetical pricing.

True, but the Wii doesnt have the Godly 3rd party support the PS2 had, and in my book, Quality of 3rd party games >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Sales.

The Wii.

Why? It's selling more, revenue wise, than the Playstation 3 is by massively wide margins. It's passed the Rubicon in terms of "dominant console".

Even the Playstation 3 at a $250 price point would not topple the Wii, because the Wii is the go-to console. Microsoft proved that even though a $200 price point can certainly boost sales, that even having the superior console doesn't matter - consumers at large made their choice. And Word of Mouth will drive sales since the Wii is so prevalent in the consumer's eye.

Now, if all consoles were equal today, I am sure the PS3/X360 would sell much closer to the Wii, but they would not overtake the Wii. Maybe 2 years ago, when this started, the Playstation 3 would sell the most - but of course, your asking the dumbest question in the book - "What would sell better - a Porche at a Kia price, or a Kia at a Kia price?"

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

PS3 for sure. Brandname is everything. Plus free online, Blu Ray.

if it was the beginning of the generation the ps3 would succeed the ps2 line.

but now the wii since cheaper and more casual like it's selling more.

Instance56 said:
Gearbox said:

Agreed, its a shame it dosent Yet have the 3rd party support of the Ps2. Slowly getting better quality 3rd party games though. But luckily the 1st party games fill the void for now.