By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - NXE and RROD (Serious Discussion)

I happily got my 360 on January of this year, and I love it dearly. However, just two days after getting NXE my Xbox got RROD while I was playing Gears of War online. I'm not sure if it's NXE's fault, but I'm really sad, RROD seemed like a fairy tale before today. Is NXE increased RROD rates and what exactly causes RROD?

Enjoy

Around the Network

If you mention RROD there's next to no chance of a serious discussion. There has been talk of NXE causing/influencing hardware issues but nothing near conclusive at this moment in time.

there are rumours about it and engadget posted some info.

but nothing official yet. it looks you are part of those 10of100 that get rrod.

it should be under warranty they should exchange it for a new one

I think it has more to do with Gears 2, mine died with it in as well.  But yea you will probably never get a real conversation going about the RROD good luck with that.

"If you've got them by the balls their hearts and minds will follow."

Quote by- The Imortal John Wayne, the original BADASS!

yeah, it's under warranty, but I'm afraid if it IS NXE the 360s reputation will get even lower in terms of hardware stability, and because it could mean my replacement might fail too.

Enjoy

Around the Network

ms should stop spending 50 million dollars on a new story in gta 4 and start investing that money on making the damn system work first

and back to my other question, does anyone know how RROD even occurs? heating issues? faulty wiring?

Enjoy

RROD is caused by the GPU overheating, so unless the NXE forces the 360 to render everything at 100% of it's power then I don't think it can cause the RROD.

kunaixhaku said:
ms should stop spending 50 million dollars on a new story in gta 4 and start investing that money on making the damn system work first

well they are doing the same strategy in windows and that produced vista. :/

will my replacement be the new "falcon chipset" 360?

Enjoy