By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - LBPSP, Uncharted 2 and Price Cuts coming to a PS platform near you! (Rumor)

Kratos Drake and the helghast

DROOOLLLLLLLL

Around the Network

Reeves then went on to say that the PS3 has a bigger install base than the 360 in PAL territories, and that the install base gap will significantly increase in 2009.
I doubt, that bigger - is just 50k.

Now SCEE guy from Neogaf:

-Kh- said:
And I didn't go to this meeting this week, I think it was thursday or friday? Since I had free those days I couldn't be bothered and stayed playing IU at home.

But yeah, Reeves talked about all that stuff. We should be getting an internal email next week, which in turn should become a PR in the following days.

Every 5 seconds on earth one child dies from hunger...

2009.04.30 - PS3 will OUTSELL x360 atleast by the middle of 2010. Japan+Europe > NA.

Gran Turismo 3 - 1,06 mln. in 3 weeks with around 4 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Gran Turismo 4 - 1,16 mln. with 18 mln. PS2 on the launch.

Final Fantasy X - around 2 mln. with 5 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Final Fantasy X-2 - 2.4 mln. with 12 mln. PS2 on the launch.

1.8 mln. PS3 today(2008.01.17) in Japan. Now(2009.04.30) 3.16 mln. PS3 were sold in Japan.
PS3 will reach 4 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 25k.

PS3 may reach 5 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 50k.
PS2 2001 vs PS3 2008 sales numbers =) + New games released in Japan by 2009 that passed 100k so far

Hyams said:
I don't care if Uncharted 2 is like Uncharted 1 graphically. I was just playing it a minute ago, and even a year later it's still one of the best looking consoles games released thus far. If they only reduce the texture pop-in and screen-tearing, I'll be all over Uncharted 2's graphics.

The main difference I want in the sequal is less shooting and more exploring.

I like your style.

Another interesting tidbit from that neogaf thread:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=342988&page=5

(from -kh-, the SCEE guy)

KZ2 1.00 version was ready since late october.

They were still working on some networking stuff at the time when I saw the game around. Feb. release seems ok, there are many more big games for that month too, aren't there?

PDF said:
A PS3 price cut in Q1/Q2 of next year will greatly affect Squilliam

lol

Around the Network

expect 1000 thread about 360 being dead when ps3 price drops in europe.

like now what we have with SP3 being dead and gamecube like,,,it's like people forget that PS3 is the most expensive gaming hardware in the gaming history.

All great stuff.

honestly if god of war III , uncharted 2 and KZ2 release in the same year(without any delays),,I don't see how any gaming line up could compete with that,,,,it's just too good to be true.(that's my opinion btw)

PDF said:

Actually he was predicting a price cut for February to coincide with KZ2 yesterday on Steam.

Seems he was off by a month. :/

shanbcn said:
PDF said:

lol

lol

LBP on PSP??? yeah, I heard about it.

It better freakin' happen.

A must buy PSP title in 09'?
Say it is so!

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive

Suddenly the grim future of the PSP is starting to look a lot better. Motorstorm, Resistance, LBP, Dissidia, Agito...and I thought the handheld was dead!

I have to say I am seriously looking forward to hearing about Uncharted 2. I could care less about a new entry into the Jak series, Uncharted fucking pwns.

Also, if the rumors about the price cut are true (and it turns out to be a WW price cut), we should start seeing "360 is dead" threads back on the website by early April.