By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Who's the best third party (japanese company only)?

Ok. I own only one Japanese 3rd party game and it is ok.. so... tecmo?!

Around the Network
Tremble said:
hi onyx, it's just about japanese company ;)

Oh forgot that part. Chalk me up for Treasure then for the Ikaruga port to XBLA plus their upcoming Sin and Punishment 2 and Bleach Wii game and Sega AM2 for Virtua Fighter 5.

I must say though this is really showing me I'm growing away from japanese developers. I can easily pick more western ones I have enjoyed lately.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

Onyxmeth said:
Tremble said:

Oh forgot that part. Chalk me up for Treasure then for the Ikaruga port to XBLA plus their upcoming Sin and Punishment 2 and Bleach Wii game and Sega AM2 for Virtua Fighter 5.

I must say though this is really showing me I'm growing away from japanese developers. I can easily pick more western ones I have enjoyed lately.

ve

That's because we're limiting the discussion to consoles, if you talk about handhelds you have to talk about Japanese games, I would have a hard time naming good western developers on handhelds even though this gen of handhelds has been out longer.

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X

Konami always the best, MGS4, Pro Evolution, MLB Power Pros, Elebits, now Judgment, and hopefully one day Goemon =)

Castlevania Judgment FC:     1161 - 3389 - 1512

3DS Friend Code:   3480-2746-6289

Wii Friend Code: 4268-9719-1932-3069

I'm not entirely happy with any as of now.

Level-5 have been my favourite lately, but I've hardly played anything from them this generation (Jeanne D'Arc, Professor Layton). Can't wait to play most of their announced games over then next year or two, namely WKC, DQIX and the Studio Ghibli collaborated DS game.

Square-Enix has been a bit of a let down but I think they're getting a bit less credit than they deserve. TWEWY, FF IV DS, Star Ocean: First Departure have all been fantastic games (despite 2/3 being remakes).

Around the Network
johnsobas said:
Onyxmeth said:
Tremble said:

ve

That's because we're limiting the discussion to consoles, if you talk about handhelds you have to talk about Japanese games, I would have a hard time naming good western developers on handhelds even though this gen of handhelds has been out longer.

I fully agree. It's probably why I'm such a big DS fan. There are good western developed games on DS though.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

@Esa: yeah I forgot tecmo, they're not bad at all!

Cave, G.Rev or Milestone.

WHERE IS MY KORORINPA 3

Joint 1st place

Sega/Capcom

Bottom line_______________________

My favorite company all-time is Capcom,

That being said this console gen, Konami is delivering, with Sega and Capcom close...

Now, handhelds only, then Capcom/Level-5/Square-Enix