By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - 1Up had to change one of its Reviews

i trust 1up, this is EA's fault, but shouldnt they ask if they were receiving the final build ?

Currently Playing: Final Fantasy XIII (PS3), White Knight Chronicles (PS3), PES 2010 (PS3), Killzone 2 (PS3)

Games to Finish: Silent hill Homecoming (PS3), Valkyria Chronicles (PS3), Oblivion (PS3)

Around the Network

1up sucks at reviews

I think a lot of reviewers review early builds of games. I tried very hard to find the areas of Too Human that you can fall through the floor, and I couldnt find one. Most reviewers said the game had many of those spots.

Getting an XBOX One for me is like being in a bad relationship but staying together because we have kids. XBone we have 20000+ achievement points, 2+ years of XBL Gold and 20000+ MS points. I think its best we stay together if only for the MS points.

Nintendo Treehouse is what happens when a publisher is confident and proud of its games and doesn't need to show CGI lies for five minutes.

-Jim Sterling

Yeah. I don't blame 1Up. It wasn't they're fault and I;m glad to see that the score was changed.

Add me on Xbox Live: TopCat8

alfredofroylan said:

The Skate it! Review. Originally this game get a D. Not it's a C+ Mmmmmhh

http://www.1up.com/do/reviewPage?cId=3171379&p=44

You should know what you're buying -- and most of the time, we're able to convey exactly that with our reviews. In the instance of Skate It for the Wii, the early copy we received for review wasn't exactly what consumers got (which wasn't communicated to us at the time). Some complaints that we had about the reviewable build EA sent us, particularly with the game's controls, are resolved in the final retail version. As such, we've upped our score to a C+ (it was originally a D) to reflect the changes.

Honestly I can't believe that the so-called "professionals" review incomplete games or had to change reviews just to add one point, something is bad qith 1Up recently.

I cant believe you didnt read that completely. Notice Bolded, EA sent them the early copy FOR review. Its EA's fault, not the reviewer. Wii bias debunked.

I own all three current consoles and a great gaming rig, now thats out of the way.

This space Reserved for the Nuggets of Wisdom dropped by Bladeforce:

"Why post something like this when all it will get is PS3 owners blinded to reality replying? BOTH THE PS3 AND BLUE-RAY WILL NOT LAST 3 YEARS! TECHNOLOGY CHANGED TOO FAST!"

"is it Wii FIt that has sold as many as PS3's sold? Thats a LOL Look at the total sales of software is it just me that sees Nintendo titles hitting 10m+ and you say they arent making a difference? Another LOL!"

"Hell, with all the negative hype Sony spin, people just aren't interested cost is too high and to get the true HD experience (1080p, 7.1 surround) you will need a $1000+ system. THAT IS GOING TO DO IT IN A RECESSION! PS4 will not happen"

Around the Network

I can't believe so many people think this is somehow 1up's fault, or that it reflects badly on 1up.

1Up sucks, but I guess they suck just a tiny bit less after this.

it gets 8.5 on IGN and a D on 1UP?

people shouldn't pay so much attention to reviews, it's clearly a matter of taste!

if the reviews were made by 5 people rather than one, it could have been better and more reliable!

don't mind my username, that was more than 10 years ago, I'm a different person now, amazing how people change ^_^

blizzid said:

I can't believe so many people think this is somehow 1up's fault, or that it reflects badly on 1up.

When it comes anything negative that is Nintendo related some members on this board see nothing but white rage and lose the ability to think coherently. Amusing at times, frustrating at others and for the most part pretty silly.

Debating with fanboys, its not
all that dissimilar to banging ones
head against a wall 

Well this happens more often, game gets update reviewers update the score, don't see any problem with that

How can you possibly misspell QWERTY? It's spelled correctly on the damn keyboard.