By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony says that there are now 14M PSN subscribers, more than that of XBL.

Skeeuk said:
superchunk said:
lol, that's because PSN is free w/ the PS3 and since up to this point those that are buying the PS3 are willing to spend $400-$600 on a game machine, I would bet that nearly 100% of them have internet. So it will always have a higher network attach rate.

Question is, who is making more $$ off of their networks? MS, Sony, or Nintendo.

MS has the annual membership costs + arcade and movies for some time now.
Sony has a smaller library of dl games than MS or Nin and just now started movie dl.
Nintendo has a larger dl game catalog than either from the best old school consoles.

hmmmm. I would bet MS is making the most $$ from it.

question is, how much do YOU pay to play ur games online.

im currently enjoying world at war, ive played at a friends house 360 world at war, both online experiances are same, apart from 1 huge detail.............i play for free and when i want to, im not tied down to any cost.

$0.00

Around the Network

this is a good moment for sony because now microsoft can stop braggin about having the largest online network.

good for sony.

nice one lol... no more Xbox's huge claim of "we have by far the largest console online infrastructure"

That statement doesn't have much validity when people who have 8 psn's and 7 live accounts exist... that's me if you were wondering.

"YouR opinion is WronG!!!"

Around the Network

like i said same goes for the xbox a subcriber can have many silver accounts.

the people that don't make many accounts are the one that bought games for their Ps3.

Good to hear that Sony is bringing a higher percentage of their buyers into online gaming than the competition.