By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony says that there are now 14M PSN subscribers, more than that of XBL.

Steam had 16 million active accounts. PC wins!

Around the Network

Xbox live is a paid service. So people that are using it want to be there to play games. Like an exclusive club.

PSN is a free service. Everyone is welcome. So there is a lot of people that may create a PSN account and never even play online.

Its not a fair comparison at all.

Kind of hard to be more than Xbox Live when MS announced in October it was at 14 million for Xbox Live.

Actually I take that back if it was reported it exceeded 14m during the quarter that means it happened by the end of September.

XBox Live silver accounts are free as well. MS counts them in their totals.

superchunk said:
leo-j said:
@Superchunk

mhm...are you sure nintendo has a bigger game library on the virtual console than sony or microsoft? Are you saying this with evidence, or are you pulling it out of your a$$?

I am 95% confident. Let's see... I'll look up some numbers and get back with ya.

Wii:
VC ~270 games
WW ~90 games

PSN:
~130 games

XBLA:
~180 games

All of this is from 'list of ...' on wikipedia for each service. So, yeah, Wii has more.

EDIT: I had WW about 40 too high. Still Wii has a lot more though.

Around the Network
WiiStation360 said:
Steam had 16 million active accounts. PC wins!

And Steam is not the only service available on PC... so PC wins again!

PC will always win......;P. But seriously, I (know) that both Sony and Nin, wish they could have a piece of the awesome profits generated by XBox Live.....who wouldnt.

TheTruthHurts! said:
PC will always win......;P. But seriously, I (know) that both Sony and Nin, wish they could have a piece of the awesome profits generated by XBox Live.....who wouldnt.

Hey, don't get me wrong. I am sure Live generates more cash than PSN or VC+WW, but Nintendo is definitely in a close 2nd with all of those 20yr old games for $5+. I mean they have 400 games that each probably have huge returns on them. Yeah, Nintendo is a close 2nd.

lol this figure combines PS3 and PSP accounts, great job. About as great as when Sony was bragging about how many "pieces of content" were downloaded off PSN and then included everything that was free in there to make it seem like they were actually making money off it.

superchunk said:
TheTruthHurts! said:

Hey, don't get me wrong. I am sure Live generates more cash than PSN or VC+WW, but Nintendo is definitely in a close 2nd with all of those 20yr old games for $5+. I mean they have 400 games that each probably have huge returns on them. Yeah, Nintendo is a close 2nd.

You are right.....I too have contributed to several of those $5 type games on the Wii.  But I have spent a lot on Live titles, Anime, ect.  HD's are a wonderful thing......get with the program Nin.  Honestly, it is a win regardless of console owned, Live is a beast though....:)