By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - New Avatar Clothing Theme Packs to Be Free

Two days ago, the new 360 Interface called the New Xbox Experience was released (see our hires video). Despite what we feared the new theme packs for the NXE Avatar Editor are going to be a) free of charge, and b) released in the next few weeks. Xbox Germany product manager Boris Schneider-Johne confirms:

"More costumes will be made available for free in the next weeks. What's going to happen as of spring is yet to be announced. If you spot Avatars that wear clothes not yet available in the Avatar Editor, those belong to beta testers who were allowed to test ALL the new clothes beforehand (for instance my chic Xbox Jersey)."

Woo Hoo! Free dolls clothes for my Micro Me!

http://www.gamersglobal.com/news/1443

Around the Network

MS also confirmed(wish I could find the link now) that items of clothing and achivments will also be coming at some point.

celticlonewolf said:
MS also confirmed(wish I could find the link now) that items of clothing and achivments will also be coming at some point.

Yeah, I read that somewhere too. I want me some COG armour!

That is good. There is a lack of suit choices. MS should utilize gamerscore to purchase clothes. It would mean more money for them in the long run and it is easier than MS Points.

That is awesome, this was one of my biggest concerns with avatars, and I was also hoping they would let you unlock stuff with achievements. gj MS.

Currently Playing:  Saints Row 2 | Battlefield 2 | Company of Heroes

Recently Beaten: Gears of War | Super Mario Galaxy | Darwinia | MGS4 | Sam and Max Ep. 4, Portal | Mirror's Edge | Uncharted | Mass Effect

Looking Forward to: Alan Wake | Splinter Cell : Conviction | The Last Guardian | Batman: Arkham Asylum | SMG2 | Mass Effect 2 |

Around the Network

If they want to release clothing, make it items that are actually interesting. Such as armour, making ninja suits, Mjolnir.... I want awesome and stuff that I would wish to wear. Not what I already can in real life.

flames_of - "I think you're confusing Bush with Chuck Norris."

Wii: 80-85 Million end of 2009 (1.1.09)

Heres to hoping Namco releases a Vesperia clothing pack. It would be awesome to have Raven as my avatar :D

GOTY Contestants this year: Dead Space 2, Dark Souls, Tales of Graces f. Everything else can suck it.

Cool, about time. I felt the options were limited anyway. Glad to see they are releasing new outfits. My cousin (DMeisterJ) has the same exact top shirt like me and such.

More options Microsoft!!!

Shadowblind said:

Heres to hoping Namco releases a Vesperia clothing pack. It would be awesome to have Raven as my avatar :D

I'm going to be disspointed now!

Former something....

Blacksaber said:
Shadowblind said:

I'm going to be disspointed now!

GOTY Contestants this year: Dead Space 2, Dark Souls, Tales of Graces f. Everything else can suck it.