By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Is Home Now Looking Old?

Zucas sure laughs a lot.

OT, do people really buy systems because of mii's, avatars and the like? I thought they were just ok add-ons. I must be really different from the rest of humanity because never have I cared for such things.

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

Around the Network
Squilliam said:
So home goes into an open beta at the end of the year?

How exactly is a MMO type environment going to work out if users don't have either a standard keyboard or a standard microphone to communicate?

I will check it out, but im not holding my breath for anything spectacular.

Integrated keyboard? It's not like its impossible to communicate without a mic or keyboard.

Even though they beat Sony to the punch with the NXE, (compared to Home), the NXE is infact a response to Home.

a sort of a pre-emptive stirke on Microsofts part.

I disagree, I believe Home seems new and exciting, (even though it has not been released yet).

But in reality Home IS old, at least the news about its inception and creation is.

I can't wait for Home.

I have a 360, and will probly check out the NXE tonight.

̶3̶R̶D̶   2ND! Place has never been so sweet.

Smashed said:
Squilliam said:
So home goes into an open beta at the end of the year?

How exactly is a MMO type environment going to work out if users don't have either a standard keyboard or a standard microphone to communicate?

I will check it out, but im not holding my breath for anything spectacular.

Integrated keyboard? It's not like its impossible to communicate without a mic or keyboard.

Smoke signals? No seriously without Mics and/or real keyboards how exactly is it going to take off? You can type with the PS3 controller but damn its slow!

Tease.

Its just ad space for people to hang out in... so comparing with a new interface doesnt seem logical

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

Around the Network
Smashed said:
NXE avatars look like a cheap ripoff of Mii's, Home has more features then you can imagine.

Yes, because decorating your virtual apartment and beach house are fun things to do in your free time.  WHEEEEEEE!

Well, I guess I will download the Home 1.0 client and check out "Clubs" and game spaces.  Hopefully its more interesting than the last time I logged in.

Bethesda's Todd Howard "if install base really mattered, we'd all make board games, because there are a lot of tables."

Feel free to add me ...

PSN ID - jedson328
XBL Gamertag - jedson328

I think the party system in the NXE is great!
Also avatars are waaaaay better than mii's, although I wish they were a bit more realistic. maybe later.
The difference between home and NXE is one is truly integrated with an easy back menu to boot.

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive

home > NXE

especially graphically considering Home was announced way before and showed WAY before,
no m$ its the one copying.

squilliam

you can use standard keyboad and mic. O.o

i do for mgonline and LBP.

Jo21 said:
home > NXE

especially graphically
considering Home was announced way before and showed WAY before,
no m$ its the one copying.

lol yeah. Menus versus a 3D world. I wonder which one looks nicer! =P

*thumbs up with a little sparkle effect*

Random game thought :
Why is Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 getting so much hate? We finally get a real game and they're not even satisfied... I'm starting to hate the gaming community so f****** much...

Watch my insane gameplay videos on my YouTube page!

home will be the world of warcraft of communication on the ps3. Although for people who just wanna get into games and just play, 360 is aiming more towards that, just making your life simple with an easy and accessible interface. I own a ps3 at the moment and dont mind home as its free. Why complain i already paid my soul to sony might as well get something in return. And also will be looking forward to NXE if a good boxin deal comes up on a 360 and i get it cuz i really wanna play gears 2.