By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Amazon to offer $199 PS3, Blu-ray bundle Black Friday!!!

Retailer Amazon.com on Thurs. began the Amazon Customers Vote promotion where customers can vote to be eligible to purchase a bundle that includes Sony Corp.'s Playstation 3, a Blu-ray movie, and a game title for as low as $199.

In the new promotion, customers vote on which PS3 Blu-ray bundle they want to be made available for purchase. Eligible voters will receive an e-mail the day prior to login and buy the product at the discounted price.

Three bundle SKUs are available to vote for, including the $199 PS3 Blu-ray Sci-Fi Bundle, $229 PS3 Blu-ray Action Bundle, and the $100 PS3 Blu-ray Family Bundle.

A total of 500 bundles will be sold at the markdown price.

The buying day for the offer will be held Fri., Nov. 26.

Amazon in Nov. began offering two free Blu-ray disc titles with the purchase of an 80GB PS3 and any two Sony Blu-ray disc titles.

Additionally, it is offering a 'Buy 2 Get 1 Free' Blu-ray disc promotion.

Sony in Nov. began sale of a new 160GB PS3 SKU at U.S. retail.

The bundle includes a new 160GB PS3, Uncharted: Drake's Fortune, PAIN downloadable game voucher, and a Dualshock 3 controller for $499.

The PS3 sold 190,000 units in Oct to rank as the No. 4 hardware during the month according to data from NPD Group Inc.

http://news.punchjump.com/article.php?id=7080

Thats a really nice price if its true, what do u think.

Around the Network

It begins............................... OT: THAT'S FRIGGAN NUTZ! I might pick myself up a second PS3 boyeeee! And I gotta tell my friend who's finally joining the PS3 club after his 360 died for the second time (disk drive fail).

Seriously nuts.

GG. Shame there's only 500.

PSN: chenguo4
Current playing: No More Heroes

Last year you got to vote between all three consoles.

This year it's only between 3 PS3 choices.... guess we know which one amazon wanted to be voted for last year.

I'd vote for the 100 bundle myself.  Easiest one to make cash off with little hassle.

Only 500??? Well what about the other consoles??

Around the Network

Voted for the Pirates + LBP bundle. And for the $129.99 Asus Eee. Damn, I hope I get lucky.

"'Casual games' are something the 'Game Industry' invented to explain away the Wii success instead of actually listening or looking at what Nintendo did. There is no 'casual strategy' from Nintendo. 'Accessible strategy', yes, but ‘casual gamers’ is just the 'Game Industry''s polite way of saying what they feel: 'retarded gamers'."

-Sean Malstrom

Only 500? Forget about it...

I think that those 500 will be outsold instantly.

Tbone said:
I think that those 500 will be outsold instantly.

And half of those'll be resell

Internet meltdown come gametime..........confirmed. 500, are you serious!