By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wow.... how can two sites be so opposed?

LEts see where it lands on Metacritic after a week. Those 2 sites arent the only review sites around.

Around the Network
mike_intellivision said:
Just to show it is not complete anti-Wii bias

Wii Music got an A- from 1UP and a 5/10 from IGN.

Basically, the Wii does a lot of things differently and some reviewers don't always understand that.

But if you are able to accept it, you can have a great gaming experience.

Mike from Morgantown

@BOLD: THIS!!! It's part of the reason why this gen, you REALLY have to read the reviews. Reviewers are so confused on how the handle the Wii.

The Interweb is about overreaction, this is what makes it great!

...Imagine how boring the interweb would be if everyone thought logically?

senortaco said:
mike_intellivision said:

Basically, the Wii does a lot of things differently and some reviewers don't always understand that.

Mike from Morgantown

@BOLD: THIS!!! It's part of the reason why this gen, you REALLY have to read the reviews. Reviewers are so confused on how the handle the Wii.

So you're saying that everything Wii does is great...however the reviewers sometimes dont understand it? I don't know about that...

if anyone is interested, 1up just upped their score for Skate it to a C+ which translates to a 58. Big change!

Check out my pyro tf2 vid :)

Bet With routsounmanman: By the end of Q1 2008 Capcom WONT have announced a RE5 Wii Edition OR a new RE (classic gameplay) for the Wii (WON)

This is confusing.

Around the Network
disolitude said:
senortaco said:
mike_intellivision said:

Mike from Morgantown

So you're saying that everything Wii does is great...however the reviewers sometimes dont understand it? I don't know about that...

lol, HOW did you get that out of my comment? ...Anywho it pays to read the reviews if that what you need to tip the scale in a game you want. Cause alot of time the flaws they see may NOT be deal breaker to you.

thanny said:
if anyone is interested, 1up just upped their score for Skate it to a C+ which translates to a 58. Big change!

lol yeah I noticed that, really odd.

1up.com has the most inconsistant reviews and scores out of every review site on the internet. EGM's reviews have lost a lot of quality over the years as well. EGM is somewhat better, overall, than their online counterpart, but their letter-grading system doesn't work very well.

I think the more disturbing trend here is that people expect reviewers to all generally agree with each other. Nobody asks questions when movie reviewers deviate from the standard reaction - why do gamers treat their medium differently?

Khuutra said:
I think the more disturbing trend here is that people expect reviewers to all generally agree with each other. Nobody asks questions when movie reviewers deviate from the standard reaction - why do gamers treat their medium differently?

Movie reviewers have this reputation of being elitist snobs. Game reviewers don't have that reputation yet, so people expect their reviews to fit the mainstream. With the Wii, that is throwing everything off.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs