By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii Shaun Whites - what a game!!

explains teh lack of a good review from 1up they dont want to take teh time to get good at a game before reviewing it

Around the Network

Anyone out there try the Target special version of this game?

Mike from Morgantown

I am Mario.

I like to jump around, and would lead a fairly serene and aimless existence if it weren't for my friends always getting into trouble. I love to help out, even when it puts me at risk. I seem to make friends with people who just can't stay out of trouble.

Wii Friend Code: 1624 6601 1126 1492

NNID: Mike_INTV

That's good to know, dude. I'll have to pick up this game soon since there aren't any December releases on my radar.

just read the IGN PS360 Wii comparison and it's good to know the whole Malstrom theory thing is unwasted as they keep labelling wii's version as for kids. Some games you dont want a huge open world epicd with being able to trundle from the top of a mountain for a day without doing any challenges if you want.

I loved the arcade feel challenges of SSX Tricky, SSX3, SSX Blur and and this as I have plenty of open world games in my collection as this is refreshingly good imo.

To even give the controls part to ps360 is just stupid when you the use of the balance board is by far more innotive and they really work.

I've only played this game for about 5 mins as I've been busy today, but my first impressions of the control and feel of the game are VERY good. The Balance Board is the only way to go with a Snow Boarding game.
The graphics have a pretty nice style to them too.

Playing : PC  AOE, DiRT 2, Runes of Magic, Wings of Prey & Planetside 2  

Wii U : Nintendoland, Super Mario U  & Fifa 2013 demo

DS : Guitar Hero : On Tour

Formerly unknown as Vengi

http://vgchartz.com/profiles/profile.php?id=2331

Around the Network

i heard this game is too basic.

GLoRySoGLoRy said:
i heard this game is too basic.

that may be true yet - i'm  only 25% of the way through and now I have the tricks down i'm waiting for a serious challenge as i flew through the last location.

Time will tell but if you have a balance board it's worth it as this could be the next hit when you have people round at the very least.

Yeah, picked this and CoD:WaW up. COD was a bit of a let down but this is awesome. I have never played a snow boarding game before but the game is really awesome. I love the balance board controls, it is just wild. Now what I really want is a box fan on the top of my TV which increases in speed when you lean forward to speed up. The basics of steering and jumping are easy but the spins and tricks are taking a fair bit of work, really it is just lining up the landings that are throwing me off.

Proud member of the Sonic Support Squad

I really think the best method to incorporate tricks is with the wiimote. The bb is gonna be too difficult to control, basic controls is fine, which is why i want SW instead of Skate. The latter is apparently REALLY complicated in terms of bb controls.

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

megaman79 said:
I really think the best method to incorporate tricks is with the wiimote. The bb is gonna be too difficult to control, basic controls is fine, which is why i want SW instead of Skate. The latter is apparently REALLY complicated in terms of bb controls.

Tricks are on the wiimote but spins and such are done on the balance board.  Getting them to happen is easy but you need to land feet first and lined up with the slope which is the hard part to work out, making me be a bit conservative.  Just before you come to a jump a key combination is flashed on the screen which will pull of a trick of some sort.  You then pump your knees to to jump, press the key combo, and adjust your balance to spin or flip.  I have not tried Skate but Shaun White really works well, can't compare it with a standard controller as this is the only such game I have played.

Proud member of the Sonic Support Squad