By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

I just signed up for Netflix and I really enjoy it. There are a lot of movies that I plan on watching in the next couple of days.

Around the Network

Ah, Blu Ray>HDDVD and Streaming vid.

pbroy said:
windbane said:
superchunk said:
Snarf Barf said:
Nice can you have Blurays sent to your house from there?

If you can stream HD movies, why would you want to wait for snail mail bluray? That seems silly.

Yeah, this is one feature that almost makes me consider a 360.

what resolution are these HD streams, because I'm pretty sure most blu-rays will still look better.

Without a doubt, Blu-ray will look better. From what I've heard, the HD is in 720p. It looks really good. It's a really good value if you think of it. Unlimited streaming of thousands of movies(some in HD), 1 movie rental at a time by mail (including Blu-ray), all for $8.99 a month. Compare that to buying just one Blu-ray movie at $30. Just buy what you really like in Blu-ray after checking it out on Netflix. Netflix is an awesome value. Having a 360 is like a bonus to people who already have a Netflix account. I never liked Netflix or renting movies even. This just puts everything in a new perspective. Of course you can get stuff free on the internet, like divx and xvid videos and stream it to your 360. This just more convenient than going out of your way to find movies, legally or illegally, downloading them and then you can watch them.

Ah, well if it is 720p that's pretty good for streaming.  If I had a 360 I'd switch back to netflix for awhile to watch some free stuff. 

My only problem with Netflic is they throttle your movies if you return too many too fast in one month.  It used to be 14 a month and they all the sudden get lost in the mail (i used to get 3 at a time, so 14 a month didn't take long, espcially if you are trying to watch a season of a show). Then, as soon as the next month begins, the movies are suddenly found.

I don't know if they still do that, but that's why I switched to blockbuster.  However, I canceled blockbuster when they raised their prices way too high if you wanted in-store returns, which was a great feature.

Anyway, Netflix was smart to get access to all of the free stuff that you could watch on cable TV but not that convientantly and in HD.

windbane said:

Ah, well if it is 720p that's pretty good for streaming.  If I had a 360 I'd switch back to netflix for awhile to watch some free stuff. 

My only problem with Netflic is they throttle your movies if you return too many too fast in one month.  It used to be 14 a month and they all the sudden get lost in the mail (i used to get 3 at a time, so 14 a month didn't take long, espcially if you are trying to watch a season of a show). Then, as soon as the next month begins, the movies are suddenly found.

I don't know if they still do that, but that's why I switched to blockbuster.  However, I canceled blockbuster when they raised their prices way too high if you wanted in-store returns, which was a great feature.

Anyway, Netflix was smart to get access to all of the free stuff that you could watch on cable TV but not that convientantly and in HD.

Netflix conspiracy?!?!

Normally I wouldn't watch this, but I'm watching Cheerleader Ninjas, because I can. Thanks Netflix, now I'm watching B Movies.

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Xbone... the new "N" word   Apparently I troll MS now | Evidence | Evidence
Around the Network
pbroy said:
Normally I wouldn't watch this, but I'm watching Cheerleader Ninjas, because I can. Thanks Netflix, now I'm watching B Movies.

Noo!  Don't watch it, it's terrible!  I like bad movies but that one was just plain bad.

pbroy said:

I was actually thinking about watching this, but quickly I came to my senses.

twesterm said:
pbroy said:

Noo!  Don't watch it, it's terrible!  I like bad movies but that one was just plain bad.

Wow, that was really bad. I tried to sit it out the whole movie. I have failed!!! >_<

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Netflix should have just made an update for the PS3 browser, even for Firefox.

sly69saldana said:
Netflix should have just made an update for the PS3 browser, even for Firefox.

Microsoft says Hi

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER