By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
windbane said:
superchunk said:
Snarf Barf said:
Nice can you have Blurays sent to your house from there?

If you can stream HD movies, why would you want to wait for snail mail bluray? That seems silly.

Yeah, this is one feature that almost makes me consider a 360.

what resolution are these HD streams, because I'm pretty sure most blu-rays will still look better.

Without a doubt, Blu-ray will look better. From what I've heard, the HD is in 720p. It looks really good. It's a really good value if you think of it. Unlimited streaming of thousands of movies(some in HD), 1 movie rental at a time by mail (including Blu-ray), all for $8.99 a month. Compare that to buying just one Blu-ray movie at $30. Just buy what you really like in Blu-ray after checking it out on Netflix. Netflix is an awesome value. Having a 360 is like a bonus to people who already have a Netflix account. I never liked Netflix or renting movies even. This just puts everything in a new perspective. Of course you can get stuff free on the internet, like divx and xvid videos and stream it to your 360. This just more convenient than going out of your way to find movies, legally or illegally, downloading them and then you can watch them.

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Xbone... the new "N" word   Apparently I troll MS now | Evidence | Evidence
Around the Network
pbroy said:
windbane said:
superchunk said:
Snarf Barf said:
Nice can you have Blurays sent to your house from there?

If you can stream HD movies, why would you want to wait for snail mail bluray? That seems silly.

Yeah, this is one feature that almost makes me consider a 360.

what resolution are these HD streams, because I'm pretty sure most blu-rays will still look better.

Without a doubt, Blu-ray will look better. From what I've heard, the HD is in 720p. It looks really good. It's a really good value if you think of it. Unlimited streaming of thousands of movies(some in HD), 1 movie rental at a time by mail (including Blu-ray), all for $8.99 a month. Compare that to buying just one Blu-ray movie at $30. Just buy what you really like in Blu-ray after checking it out on Netflix. Netflix is an awesome value. Having a 360 is like a bonus to people who already have a Netflix account. I never liked Netflix or renting movies even. This just puts everything in a new perspective. Of course you can get stuff free on the internet, like divx and xvid videos and stream it to your 360. This just more convenient than going out of your way to find movies, legally or illegally, downloading them and then you can watch them.

You can also buy used movies from them for really cheap.  I still haven't bought one yet because I'm just cheap but looking at their prices it's a good deal. 

If anyone has bought used movies from them, do you get the box too or does it just come in a sleeve?

JaggedSac said:
twesterm said:

Right before I made that I comment I chose one of the HD movies on my PC to Watch Instantly and it let me so I assume you can even though another person said they couldn't.  I had no problem with it.

You can watch it, but it isn't in HD on the pc, it is only SD.

Ah, I see.  Can you really tell on a PC screen anyways?

Netflix is going to stop selling used dvds at the end of the month FYI.

holy crap i just signed up for teh free trial and i think i can convince my wife since you can stream Law and Order SVU and friends...not to mention how cool this is

Around the Network

I am among those pleasantly surprised with the netflix option.  No issues with connection and have only had a freeze once but I think it was more NXE related than netflix itself.

Signed up for Netflix yesterday to try it out on my Xbox. I have to say that I absolutely love it. I get DvDs and Blu Rays through the mail and unlimited streaming through the Xbox too. I watched Scarface for the first time in years last night...

"If you don't like me, bite me!"

I love it so much.! Magnum PI and Simon & Simon! OH YEAH!!!!

Got my first DVD today! I am in love with this service already. It's like getting a Christmas present on a regular basis!

JaggedSac said:
pbroy said:

You guys should watch 'The King of Kong'. It's pretty hilarious hearing about these old school gamers. It's also in HD.

I actually watched that a few days ago.  It is pretty funny how serious these guys are about these old school games.  I laughed pretty hard when that one guy got pissed and slammed the truck of his car hard enough for the alarm to go off.

haha.. that was funny.

What I learned from the movie is that Billy Mitchel is a big douche. It didn't hit me till towards the end of the movie. Then I watched the whole movie again, yup he definately is a douche, very unsportsmanly.

My favorite person in the movie is Mark Alpiger. When he says that phrase, "DDG, for you that don't know what that means, it means Drop Dead Gorgous Girls." that cracked me up. Then when he talked about his glove that was made for weight lifting that he bought to play videogames. This guy would be awesome to follow around all day.

Mr Awesome's Guide to Girls, that was pretty funny. Chumpatizing, what an awesome word.

These people are awesome characters.

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Xbone... the new "N" word   Apparently I troll MS now | Evidence | Evidence