By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

One bad thing about the streaming is I stayed up way to late catching up on the TV show Heroes and now i am dead tired here at work. DAM YOU NETFLIX AND MS!!

Around the Network
yo_john117 said:
Yeah I absolutely love Netflix on my xbox. It was the reason for me signing back up with netflix!!

Just to let you know, even if you signed up before and canceled, you can still get your free month.

I mean if you wanted the free month.

I signed up when Netflix came out but canceled shortly after because I got Starz/Showtime package and didn't really need it.

When I went to sign up through Xbox-LIve it said I had an account, I called Netflix (24hr line) and with out hesitation they reset my E-Mail to show New User and thats it.

Just a FYI post.

PS4 Preordered - 06/11/2013 @09:30am

XBox One Preordered - 06/19/2013 @07:57pm

"I don't trust #XboxOne & #Kinect 2.0, it's always connected" as you tweet from your smartphone - irony 0_o

From the quality you guys mention for HD streams and ease of use, this is gonna hurt BLU RAY majorly over the next year in America. Amazing deal for M$ and Netflix. Glad to here you guys say it's brilliant.

Now M$ give me something in UK similar and I'm there. NO MORE FRIGGIN DISCS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YIPPPPPEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My only problem with the Netflix watch now is the lack of quality content.

There are some good movies there, but 95% of the content is bad. I sometime have a hard time finding anything that I want to watch. Hopefully they can sign some deals to bring on better content.

^^^I NEVER had any interest in Netflix. Now, it's my obssession. I'm sure it's a success for all parties involved. More content is a given! And, my first disc should be here soon....maybe even today. Between the discs and the streaming, I'll never be bored again. I had no idea what this generation of consoles would evolve into, but I am amazed!

Around the Network
MinLo said:
twesterm said:
CommunistHater said:
can you stream hd though the pc?

any answers?

Yes, but it's only about 120 or so movies that they have in HD and not all of them are great.

From the couple of articles I read, they stated that The HD service was exclusive as of now to the 360.....

"Netflix is calling this a "soft launch" since it is only rolling out such a small number of videos for HD streaming. The move mostly serves to stake a claim in the HD streaming market as opposed to being a full offering. Contrary to what others are reporting, HD streaming will be available on all streaming devices when it premieres with the New Xbox Experience. That means that the Roku, LG, and Samsung boxes will all be able to stream these HD movies, in addition to the Xbox 360. The PC and Mac based versions of Netflix, will not, however, be able to stream HD immediately. In addition, streaming in HD will require a large amount of bandwidth. Netflix estimates the requirement being in the 8-10 Mbps range."

"Again, Netflix HD streaming will go live on the New Xbox Experience, which launches on November 19."

from http://news.cnet.com/8301-13515_3-10078091-26.html

or

"Tomorrow is the launch date for the first HD movies to stream from Netflixs service. About 300 hi-def titles will be available through Microsoft's Xbox 360 gaming console, at least to Microsoft Live Gold subscribers."

"Not to be left out of the fun, Roku is saying that HD titles will come to its box by year's end. No word when other customers will get hi-def streams from Netflix, including TiVo, Blu-ray and even PC-based subscribers."

from http://www.usnews.com/blogs/daves-download/2008/11/18/netflix-to-begin-streaming-hd-videos.html

Both recent articles......Both practically stating the same thing about the HD......I don't have Netflix so I'm not 100% certain.....

But from what I understand from reading it is that Netflix HD just premiered with the launch of NXE.......The stream boxes that connect to your HDTV can get HD to content but seems like computers still can't...?lol?

Right before I made that I comment I chose one of the HD movies on my PC to Watch Instantly and it let me so I assume you can even though another person said they couldn't.  I had no problem with it.

Spiteful49 said:
One bad thing about the streaming is I stayed up way to late catching up on the TV show Heroes and now i am dead tired here at work. DAM YOU NETFLIX AND MS!!

I did the same thing last night, watching Hannah Montana. Slept for 2 hours.

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Xbone... the new "N" word   Apparently I troll MS now | Evidence | Evidence
WiiStation360 said:
My only problem with the Netflix watch now is the lack of quality content.

There are some good movies there, but 95% of the content is bad. I sometime have a hard time finding anything that I want to watch. Hopefully they can sign some deals to bring on better content.

Depends on what you like.  There's a lot of little arthouse movies and documentaries and the like, so I've got months worth of movies on there.

I suppose if you are looking for the big budget popular movies you don't have as much to pick from.

Can't we all just get along and play our games in peace?

Once my BB pass runs out, I'm switching to Netflix to try it out.

Currently Playing:  Saints Row 2 | Battlefield 2 | Company of Heroes

Recently Beaten: Gears of War | Super Mario Galaxy | Darwinia | MGS4 | Sam and Max Ep. 4, Portal | Mirror's Edge | Uncharted | Mass Effect

Looking Forward to: Alan Wake | Splinter Cell : Conviction | The Last Guardian | Batman: Arkham Asylum | SMG2 | Mass Effect 2 |

This is all the specs for Netflix streaming.

http://blog.netflix.com/2008/11/encoding-for-streaming.html

“I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours.”

Stephen Henry Roberts