By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

what connection speed do you guys have? i just checked myne at www.speedmatters.org and it said that i have1380kbps for download and 723kbps for upload. When i stream netflex to my xbox i normally only get 1 bar. I am very happy with the nxe but i wish the quality was better. Do i need to upgrade internet?

Around the Network
jovanisaldivar said:
what connection speed do you guys have? i just checked myne at www.speedmatters.org and it said that i have1380kbps for download and 723kbps for upload. When i stream netflex to my xbox i normally only get 1 bar. I am very happy with the nxe but i wish the quality was better. Do i need to upgrade internet?

3722kbps and 2021kbps from that site.  Which is far lower than they say you should have to view the HD stuff, and yet it comes in at 4 bars constantly.  Although it did pause while I was watching King of Kong in HD and it dropped to 3 bars and started back.

jovanisaldivar said:

Yeah, I'd like to know their speeds as well. 1kbps download is quite slow, though. I doubt they stream with anything that low.

JaggedSac said:
jovanisaldivar said:

3722kbps and 2021kbps from that site.  Which is far lower than they say you should have to view the HD stuff, and yet it comes in at 4 bars constantly.  Although it did pause while I was watching King of Kong in HD and it dropped to 3 bars and started back.

Nice :D

Looks like Netflix is gonna make a user out of me.

After Free Month Trial...

It's only $8.95 for Unlimited Steaming Movies a month.

I must have (so far) 25 movies in my Queue, Great 80's selection, just got done watching Eddy Muphy Delirious.. LMFAO

Loving It.

PS4 Preordered - 06/11/2013 @09:30am

XBox One Preordered - 06/19/2013 @07:57pm

"I don't trust #XboxOne & #Kinect 2.0, it's always connected" as you tweet from your smartphone - irony 0_o

Around the Network
fastyxx said:

I liked the NXE well enough so far, though I do wish it were customizeable a bit more.

But the Netflix is AWESOME.  It works way beyond what I thought it would.  My connection is nothing special, but in about 30 seconds I was streaming a movie effortlessly and with a WAY better picture quality than I was anticipating.  

I am VERY impressed with this feature - and the best part is, it's a feature that actually made Xbox Live free, essentially, as I dropped my movies out at a time from 3 to 2, since I'll watch so many on Live.  The money saved covers Gold, and we have a winner.

Well done by Netflix and MS on that one.

Netflix and game installs have made the 360 like ten times more awesome.

I'm going to start calling it the netfliX box.

We don't provide the 'easy to program for' console that they [developers] want, because 'easy to program for' means that anybody will be able to take advantage of pretty much what the hardware can do, so the question is what do you do for the rest of the nine and half years? It's a learning process. - SCEI president Kaz Hirai

It's a virus where you buy it and you play it with your friends and they're like, "Oh my God that's so cool, I'm gonna go buy it." So you stop playing it after two months, but they buy it and they stop playing it after two months but they've showed it to someone else who then go out and buy it and so on. Everyone I know bought one and nobody turns it on. - Epic Games president Mike Capps

We have a real culture of thrift. The goal that I had in bringing a lot of the packaged goods folks into Activision about 10 years ago was to take all the fun out of making video games. - Activision CEO Bobby Kotick

I'm really shocked at the picture quality. I was expecting some artifacting, but the picture looks fantastic on my 42" lcd. I really wish the party feature had made launch for this, since I could see myself using that quite frequently after tonight.

Photo sharing in parties is also something I wasn't expecting to get into much, but it's actually pretty well done. We had a few people showing photos of their Halloween pumpkins while we were testing everything. It took me a little while to figure out how to get it to run, though (there's a little file you need to download, just like with Netflix).

LEFT 4 DEAD - November 17th

That's what I said. Here's what I posted in another thread:

I didn't think I would be interested in Netflix. I tried the free trial and WOW, its almost limitless and is a better value than purchasing content on Market Place to watch. I can watch TV forever with this thing.

I haven't even played anything today, so much stuff to explore.

Live seems a little bogged down though, so I'll just watch Kickin' It Old Skool for now, on Netflix.

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Xbone... the new "N" word   Apparently I troll MS now | Evidence | Evidence

A couple photos I took earlier of Netflix streaming... forgive my rubbish camera from 2002.

LEFT 4 DEAD - November 17th

Looks good. Were those movies HD?

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Xbone... the new "N" word   Apparently I troll MS now | Evidence | Evidence