By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

At first I thought that the Netflix deal was pretty cool when it was first announced, not something I'd get into but I just tried out the free trial and WOW I'm actually pretty blown away at how well it's been implemented. I'm definitely becoming a subscriber after my free trial is over :)

Kingdom Hearts 3 Bet: If Kingdom Hearts 3 becomes a multiplaform title/is not Wii exclusive then I will be banished from this land for 1 week and sing my praises to those who have proved themselves to be more intelligent than I.http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y267/RDBRaptor/rdbraptor_sig16.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">
My Anime List

Around the Network

yeah I love the option but i have a technical question I put the account of a friend on my xbox i'd like to know how to switch it to mine ??? anybody knows ???

endimion said:
yeah I love the option but i have a technical question I put the account of a friend on my xbox i'd like to know how to switch it to mine ??? anybody knows ???

Go to the Netflix website. Log into the account that you activated your 360 on. Click on 'Your Account'. Click on 'Netflix Ready Device Activation'. Find the device that you want to deactivate. Then click on 'Deactivate'.

Note: During a twelve month period, you may activate as many as 4 Netflix ready devices. If you activate and then deactivate a device, it will still count against your 4 device limit until the start of the next twelve month period. Any currently active devices will automatically carry over to the next period when your activation limit restarts.

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Xbone... the new "N" word   Apparently I troll MS now | Evidence | Evidence

I will agree the streaming on this Netflix to Xbox 360 thing is nice. The only gripe I have is that the current selection of movies is not my taste. Half of them are old and boring for that matter. I thought I would be able to stream movies like Superbad and such.

They need to update the streaming section before I clearly take advantage of it. It's a nice feature. I'm not bashing it or anything. I just want more movies and I know Netflix will deliver it.

This feature alone isn't going to stop me from getting Blu-ray movies at all. I want the physical media disc more so then the streaming. I will use the Netflix thing on days I'm chilling with my peeps (friends).

Ok I'm a little confused here.. My dad has a netflix account and we were trying to find a place to enter that "activation code" MS gives you on the Xbox 360, but we couldn't find where to enter it on their website. We went to netflix.com/activate like they said but it just leads us to the main page. My dad eventually found an option that allows you to stream movies from "external devices" but it demands a one time fee of $99.. Is this what's suppose to happen or am I completely missing something here? Because I thought the streaming service was suppose to be free as long as you had a Netflix and Xbox Live gold account..

Around the Network
Metallicube said:
Ok I'm a little confused here.. My dad has a netflix account and we were trying to find a place to enter that "activation code" MS gives you on the Xbox 360, but we couldn't find where to enter it on their website. We went to netflix.com/activate like they said but it just leads us to the main page. My dad eventually found an option that allows you to stream movies from "external devices" but it demands a one time fee of $99.. Is this what's suppose to happen or am I completely missing something here? Because I thought the streaming service was suppose to be free as long as you had a Netflix and Xbox Live gold account..

Your missing something. Go here: www.netflix.com/activate .Then enter the code that the 360 gives you to enter.

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

JaggedSac said:
windbane said:

Ah, well if it is 720p that's pretty good for streaming. If I had a 360 I'd switch back to netflix for awhile to watch some free stuff.

My only problem with Netflic is they throttle your movies if you return too many too fast in one month. It used to be 14 a month and they all the sudden get lost in the mail (i used to get 3 at a time, so 14 a month didn't take long, espcially if you are trying to watch a season of a show). Then, as soon as the next month begins, the movies are suddenly found.

I don't know if they still do that, but that's why I switched to blockbuster. However, I canceled blockbuster when they raised their prices way too high if you wanted in-store returns, which was a great feature.

Anyway, Netflix was smart to get access to all of the free stuff that you could watch on cable TV but not that convientantly and in HD.

Netflix conspiracy?!?!

No, it's been widely confirmed.  Google it like I did when I was suspicious.  It is a well-known thing.

windbane said:
JaggedSac said:
windbane said:

Ah, well if it is 720p that's pretty good for streaming. If I had a 360 I'd switch back to netflix for awhile to watch some free stuff.

My only problem with Netflic is they throttle your movies if you return too many too fast in one month. It used to be 14 a month and they all the sudden get lost in the mail (i used to get 3 at a time, so 14 a month didn't take long, espcially if you are trying to watch a season of a show). Then, as soon as the next month begins, the movies are suddenly found.

I don't know if they still do that, but that's why I switched to blockbuster. However, I canceled blockbuster when they raised their prices way too high if you wanted in-store returns, which was a great feature.

Anyway, Netflix was smart to get access to all of the free stuff that you could watch on cable TV but not that convientantly and in HD.

Netflix conspiracy?!?!

No, it's been widely confirmed.  Google it like I did when I was suspicious.  It is a well-known thing.

really?  Crazy shit man... I'll have to ask my GF if she had that problem

RDBRaptor said:
At first I thought that the Netflix deal was pretty cool when it was first announced, not something I'd get into but I just tried out the free trial and WOW I'm actually pretty blown away at how well it's been implemented. I'm definitely becoming a subscriber after my free trial is over :)

same here there is so much stuff on there i actually have to fighty my wife now to play a game (then again i did watch 1-3 of the Toxic Avenger so hey)

I've had the Toxic Avengers qued up for days now, along with 100 other movies. Haven't got to them yet.

Right now I'm watching Beast Master, I love this movie.

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER