By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Is Wii demand waning? Stock market says "yes"

A - No

B - Demand in general, dude. As in the whole stockmarket, the whole economy is dragging estimations of purchasing power down for the US. You live there right? Well how many people have lost their jobs.

C - Sony is listed right along side it, you edit that out or its irrelevent. The article is about japanese companies relying on US economic factors to maintain confidence in their stock. Theres no confidence anywhere in what the USA economy is doing and hence has nothing to do with DS or Wii specifically at all.

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

Around the Network
megaman79 said:

C - Sony is listed right along side it, you edit that out or its irrelevent. The article is about japanese companies relying on US economic factors to maintain confidence in their stock. Theres no confidence anywhere in what the USA economy is doing and hence has nothing to do with DS or Wii specifically at all.

There was no mentioning of Sony when I copied and pasted the article. They clearly edited it later.

Currently playing on PS3: God of War III

Currently playing on Xbox360: Final Fantasy XIII

Currently playing on NDS: Chrono Trigger

its a river in egypt sackboy, you know it

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

LMFAO@ gauging Wii demand with ebay sales! This thread is priceless!

Proud member of the Mega Mario Movement

Warrior of Light

Well don't hold your breath. Around here two weeks ago everyone had some in stock. Hell, I even snagged a Wii Fit for my grandson, first I've seen since launch day. Now I happened to be in Circuit City and three Walmarts that had them then and they don't have anything but empty shelves now ... at least in the Wii section. Some other makes, who shall go nameles so as not to upset anyone, seem to be plentiful enough.
Nothing's changed. How many Wiis Nintendo sells is how many Nintendo makes.

Around the Network

Also, in the quote you made, it made no mention of the wii, it just said "demand" is down. You didn't say for what...It could've been the DS for all we know.

Also, this holiday reseller begs to differ with you on the ebay price. The price will be back around $400 after Black Friday. Just you watch.

Currently playing: Civ 6

wow at this tread.
demand is down because eBay is selling them at a cheaper price?
the reason they are selling them cheaper is because they are easier to find.
hence more are being sold rater than less.
nintendo is shipping about 50 percent more than last year..

yeah demand is clearly down from last year
haha

hello how are you.

Nintendo going down ONLY 4% shows how amazing they're doing. The rest of the world is going down in flames, and Nintendo is brushing that unnecessary 4% of their shoulder.

Their Wii is doing better than ever. They have a new DSi rocking Japan, and the regular DS owning the rest of the world. They have many of the best-selling games of this year. People still can't find Wii Fit, and they won't be finding it for the next 10 months. Nintendo is going to buy the rest of the planet to stop the global fiscal crisis.

If eBay is to be used as a relevant gauge then only after the gray market price drops below MSRP can demand be considered lower.

Demand above applicable supply means absolutely nothing. Everything sold of X amounts produced is always the exact same so long as demand exceed that supply.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

The stock market would be wrong.

Demand will start to dwindle, but it won't be before this holiday and it probably won't be before next.

This year

http://vgchartz.com/hwcomps.php?cons1=Wii&reg1=America&cons2=PS3&reg2=------&cons3=X360&reg3=------&start=39474&end=39768

Since launch

http://vgchartz.com/hwcomps.php?cons1=Wii&reg1=America&cons2=PS3&reg2=------&cons3=X360&reg3=------&start=39047&end=39768

Fun.

Plus, the stronger dollar means more sent to US instead of EU.

I would cite regulation, but I know you will simply ignore it.