By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - drivers in russia....

I just got back from Russia, and did you know that people ther will sacrifice Air Conditioning ON A 35 DEGREE DAY (celcius, that's 95 F for you americans) for a measly 12 horsepower!

like honestly wtf....and it's not just the people I know that live there, apperently, its everyone (or so I'm told)

I mean, come on, they driver sh*tty little soviet made Lada's and they wanna tell me that they want more horsepower....wtf?

granted, there were a lot of luxury cars too (Acuras, Lexus, Merc, BMW) I'm not trying to bash the russian public here

however, this begs the question, would you do the same?

Around the Network

i have no air conditioner in my car for 18 months, one day it just stopped working, i took it to garage, they told me to pay £170 to fix it, i asked them if it comes with a blow job, he told me to get F out, true story.

Wii/Mario Kart Wii Code:2793-0686-5434

lmfao, but come on, if it were 35 degrees outside WHILE you were stuck in traffic with car horns beeping everywhere and the smell of cigarettes and gasoline in the air...you would give in and pay those 170 euros in one day, I know I would, BJ or no BJ lol

i cant believe you are from the UK, how could you mistake the Pound sign "£" for Euro?

it never gets very hot in here, but the winter its hard to drive when there is no heater in my car hahaha

Wii/Mario Kart Wii Code:2793-0686-5434

oh, lmfao, sorry, I'm not from the UK by the way, I'm from Canada actually, lol.
it's just that they both look like the letter "E" so when I quickly glanced at it, it looked like the euro symbol

off topic: it's getting cold in my igloo here in Canada, lol

Around the Network

I never used air conditioning in my car in Los Angeles. Never. I would roll down my window, and maybe unbutton my shirt, possibly pull the top down if the traffic was actually not moving at all for long enough. I've never used heating or AC in my house either. I just put on more layers to stay warm, and take off more layers to stay cool. If I'm already naked and it's still blazing hot, I'll turn on a fan or wrap a doo-rag around my head and get it wet. That works wonders.

The Ghost of RubangB said:
I never used air conditioning in my car in Los Angeles. Never. I would roll down my window, and maybe unbutton my shirt, possibly pull the top down if the traffic was actually not moving at all for long enough. I've never used heating or AC in my house either. I just put on more layers to stay warm, and take off more layers to stay cool. If I'm already naked and it's still blazing hot, I'll turn on a fan or wrap a doo-rag around my head and get it wet. That works wonders.

I can understand putting on more layers to stay warm...but the other stuff sounds uncomfortable..I mean walking around naked with a doo-rag on?

granted, it would probably never got hot enough for that, but what if you had guests over...would everyone have to get comfortable with each other and start taking clothes off? What if they came in some dress pants and it got hot? They would have to bear being uncomfortable or take off their pants or something, lol

Lies, it's always cold and snowing in russia and people wear those large cylinder hats with a hammer and sickle on it to get warm.

Seriously now, i hate air conditioner, i don't turn it on any situation and i live in Brazil, mind you. I understand them, there in soviet russia, the air conditioner turns YOU off

Flow -"The important is to pwn other ppl"

niksta2 said:

I just got back from Russia, and did you know that people ther will sacrifice Air Conditioning ON A 35 DEGREE DAY (celcius, that's 95 F for you americans) for a measly 12 horsepower!

like honestly wtf....and it's not just the people I know that live there, apperently, its everyone (or so I'm told)

I mean, come on, they driver sh*tty little soviet made Lada's and they wanna tell me that they want more horsepower....wtf?

granted, there were a lot of luxury cars too (Acuras, Lexus, Merc, BMW) I'm not trying to bash the russian public here

however, this begs the question, would you do the same?

In Russia Air Conditioning on a 35 degree day sacrifices you!

niksta2 said:
The Ghost of RubangB said:

I can understand putting on more layers to stay warm...but the other stuff sounds uncomfortable..I mean walking around naked with a doo-rag on?

granted, it would probably never got hot enough for that, but what if you had guests over...would everyone have to get comfortable with each other and start taking clothes off? What if they came in some dress pants and it got hot? They would have to bear being uncomfortable or take off their pants or something, lol

My friends would have to either take off their pants, and maybe borrow some shorts or something from me, or stay uncomfortable, or turn on my heating and my pay my damn energy bill.

I'd usually do the wet doo-rag with shorts and a wifebeater if people were over.