By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Upcoming games from the big devs: Konami Edition.

Well, we are now 2 years into this gen fully.

So what are the big third party companies cooking for each platform?

This thread is dedicated to Konami specially. We can take a look at their preferences, trends and priorities now that we are 2 years into the gen.

DS

Azure Dreams
Vandal Hearts
Suikoden Tierkreis
Lost in Blue 3
Elebits: The adventures of Kai and Zero

PS3

Lords of Shadow
Castlevania
MGS4: Existance (Rumored, but bound to come anyways)

X360

Lords of Shadow
Castlevania

Wii

Kororinpa 2
Elebits 2
Gradius Rebirth (Already released in Japan)

PSP

----

Well, the trend in this case is very clear. Huge budget games going to the HD platforms, while the DS is getting a lot of high profile games. Wii is getting the smaller series/new IP's, while PSP isn't getting anything.

Things to note. Konami's next big project, Lords of Shadow is exclusive to the HD platforms. Looks to be an ambitious project. On the HD frontside, PS3 seems to be getting more exclusive and major content, but I expect that to end once the "Existance" or however it's called, version of MGS4 gets released. If there's a MGS5, it'll obviously gonna get released on both platforms. I still believe that some day, we will see MGS4 on the 360.

JRPG's seem to be going to the DS, and I think it's because of the huge userbase + too much risk to do it on the HD platforms. PSP is getting no further love from Konmai thus far.

Wii is getting sequels to not so popular games and a WiiWare retro revival, and I didn't include PES 09, because the game has already been released on the HD platforms, so it shouldn't count only because the game got delayed 8 months.

Last thought. Konami is no longer as big as it used to be. In fact, it's turning into a really small dev, not capable of having more than a couple games in production and their quality is diminishing tremendously. no wonder stuff like Hell Boy, Rock Revolution have bombed and received terrible reviews.

Previous Editions: SE Edition, Capcom Edition

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

Around the Network

Kororinpa 2. This is all that matters.

WHERE IS MY KORORINPA 3

trestres said:

Well, we are now 2 years into this gen fully.

So what are the big third party companies cooking for each platform?

This thread is dedicated to Konami specially. We can take a look at their preferences, trends and priorities now that we are 2 years into the gen.

DS

Azure Dreams
Vandal Hearts
Suikoden Tierkreis
Lost in Blue 3
Elebits: The adventures of Kai and Zero

PS3

Lords of Shadow
Castlevania
MGS4: Existance (Rumored, but bound to come anyways)

X360

Lords of Shadow
Castlevania

Wii

Kororinpa 2

PSP

----

Well, the trend in this case is very clear. Huge budget games going to the HD platforms, while the DS is getting a lot of high profile games. Wii is getting the smaller series/new IP's, while PSP isn't getting anything.

Things to note. Konami's next big project, Lords of Shadow is exclusive to the HD platforms. Looks to be an ambitious project. On the HD frontside, PS3 seems to be getting more exclusive and major content, but I expect that to end once the "Existance" or however it's called, version of MGS4 gets released. If there's a MGS5, it'll obviously gonna get released on both platforms. I still believe that some day, we will see MGS4 on the 360.

JRPG's seem to be going to the DS, and I think it's because of the huge userbase + too much risk to do it on the HD platforms. PSP is getting no further love from Konmai thus far.

Wii is getting a sequel to a not so popular game, and I didn't include PES 09, because the game has already been released on the HD platforms, so it shouldn't count only because the game got delayed 8 months.

Last thought. Konami is no longer as big as it used to be. In fact, it's turning into a really small dev, not capable of having more than a couple games in production and their quality is diminishing tremendously. no wonder stuff like Hell Boy, Rock Revolution have bombed and received terrible reviews.

Previous Editions: SE Edition, Capcom Edition

Sounds Intriguing.

^_^

When is Castlevania scheduled for release?

"The accumulated filth of all their sex and murders will foam up about their waist and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout "Save us!"...

....and I'll look down and whisper  "no."  

- Rorschach

You missed Castlevania Judgment and Elebits 2 for the Wii.

Around the Network

@Chrizum: Castlevani Judgment is already out. Elebits 2, when was it announced?

Bets with Conegamer:

Fullfilled Prophecies

ohh do Ubisoft next trestres!!!!!

@Glory: That's not a big dev ;)

Lol, I will. Namco Bandai, EA, Ubisoft, SEGA, Activision all coming up.

Bets with Conegamer:

Fullfilled Prophecies

Since when is Konami a big dev haha. And maybe you should include Elebits 2 for the Wii if we are going off half confirmed/half rumored games like ya did with the MGS4 thingy.

But yea Konami at least being real about what it can output.

Konami waas always a big dev. Since when was Konami not big -.-

At least they were one of the biggest in the last gens. But about Elebits 2, where's a link to any rumour or anything?

Bets with Conegamer:

Fullfilled Prophecies