By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - I picked up a banned modded xbox 360

A dude at work was selling his 360 that just got banned for being modded...just the system with AV cables and powerbrick for 50 bucks.

So I figured to buy it since the power brick alone goes for 50 bucks...

However what should I do with the xbox? ...should I burn it and post it on youtube?

Ideas?

Around the Network

perhaps UNmod it? I don't know if thats at all doable, maybe keep it for spare parts?

offline xbox for an other room?

"

seece said:
perhaps UNmod it? I don't know if thats at all doable, maybe keep it for spare parts?

Its banned so it cant go online right...so its a useless system to me. Also, it doesn't really do any homebrew or emulators...just plays copied games. So unmodding doesn't really do anything for me...

Parts however I think may be beneficial for...well actually, only the DVD drive could be used on another system. I may keep it for games that dont have demos and are questionable purchases...Alone in the dark, im looking at you :)

I would keep it if its in working condition. Just a Xbox 360 to have like Andres9888 said. To have in another room or give it anyway to someone that you know will not jump online and play multiplayer games.

That sucks though since that console won't never have access to downloading the NXE.

Around the Network

You can still use a banned X360 for offline gaming.

Very stupid he modded it though. Maybe call MS and see if they can un-mod it?

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

disolitude said:
seece said:

Its banned so it cant go online right...so its a useless system to me. Also, it doesn't really do any homebrew or emulators...just plays copied games. So unmodding doesn't really do anything for me...

Parts however I think may be beneficial for...well actually, only the DVD drive could be used on another system. I may keep it for games that dont have demos and are questionable purchases...Alone in the dark, im looking at you :)

haha...What does Alone in the Dark have to do with the Xbox 360.lol

Its a nice game according to your tastes.

xlost7 said:
disolitude said:
seece said:

Its a great rental... :)

disolitude said:
xlost7 said:
disolitude said:
seece said:

Its a great rental... :)

DUUUUUUUDDDDDEEEEE!!!!

lol..didn't we say that Alone in the Dark was a buggy game. It was not worth playing even if someone gave it to you for free. It doesn't even deserve to be played in a modded Xbox 360!!

mrstickball said:
You can still use a banned X360 for offline gaming.

Very stupid he modded it though. Maybe call MS and see if they can un-mod it?

Yeah, maybe that is a possibility. I could probably resell it for much more as I see the banned modded xboxes go on cragslist for like 150 but I feel guilty for...ripping off my buddy at work, selling a device that will promote gaming piracy...etc

If all else fails I may take it to my parents place and give them a guitar hero controller and the game...lol.