By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - So, Obama not a US citizen lawsuit picking up some steam

mmm you americans have starnge stories

Help I cant get my trophy card to work.

Around the Network
The Ghost of RubangB said:

I think most presidential candidates pick somebody older and crazier than themselves as a vice president so that people don't go through with plans like this. I think the ONLY reason nobody impeached or attempted to assassinate Bush was because Cheney was much scarier.  Hopefully Biden will get spookier to keep anybody from trying to get rid of Obama.

There WERE assassination attempt on Bush. the average president has 12 assassination attempts.

12? Link?

I would cite regulation, but I know you will simply ignore it.

Tyrannical said:
whatever said:

You link to worldnetdaily and you expect anyone to take you seriously??

This is definitely NOT picking up steam.  Its been debunked again and again.  Its limited to the truly wacko wing of the conservatives.  Why do you think even Fox news hasn't touched this.  Another link with more info is below.  Please read it and stop helping these wacko's spread any more FUD.

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/article/2008/jun/27/obamas-birth-certificate-part-ii/

An excerpt:

"And there’s the rub. It is possible that Obama conspired his way to the precipice of the world’s biggest job, involving a vast network of people and government agencies over decades of lies. Anything’s possible.

But step back and look at the overwhelming evidence to the contrary and your sense of what’s reasonable has to take over.

There is not one shred of evidence to disprove PolitiFact’s conclusion that the candidate’s name is Barack Hussein Obama, or to support allegations that the birth certificate he released isn’t authentic.

And that’s true no matter how many people cling to some hint of doubt and use the Internet to fuel their innate sense of distrust."

WHAT OBAMA HAS RELEASED IS NOT THE BIRTH CERTFICATE THEY ARE SEEKING

The lawsuit is for the hand written copy filled out by the delivering doctor at the hospitol where Obama was born. Not for a copy of the live birth record which is what he has released.

According to the law suit, they believe that Obama's mother AFTER giving birth to him in Kenya flew to Hawaii and faslesly registered his birth in Hawaii as an "at home delivery", thus getting a Hawaiin birth certificate. That's why they want the copy the doctor filled out, and Obama is not releasing it.

They are also seeking his mother's travel/immigration records, to see if she arrived in Hawaii FROM Kenya with baby Obama.

It doesn't matter what they are seeking, it only matters what is sufficient under the law.  Unless there is some proof that his mother lied, then there is no reason for anyone to do anything else at this point.  This suite will be dismissed just like Berg's suite was dismissed.

What I want to know is can an the repub party sink any lower at this point?

Tyrannical said:

By saying that the official copy isn't acceptable you are accusing the Hawaiian government of being in on your theory.  Somebody had to go in and make him a birth certificate.  And the currently conservative Federal Appeals judges and Supreme Court Justices would also be in on it.

Reading comprehension must not be one of your strong points as I never said nor implied that. Might want to brush up on that before law school.

The lawsuit's theory is that Obama's mother LIED when she went to the local clerk's office and claimed Obama was an at home birth and applied for a birth certficate for him stating he was born in Hawaii. No involvement by the Hawaiian government or any judge in this fraud.

There have been numerous requests for Sen. Barack Hussein Obama’s official birth certificate. State law (Hawai‘i Revised Statutes §338-18) prohibits the release of a certified birth certificate to persons who do not have a tangible interest in the vital record.

Which is why Keyes is suing for it. As a (minor) Presedential candadite, he has standing to file the suit and has a tangable interest in it. Obama does not want his  hand written by the delivering doctor original birth certificate to be released, probably because it does not exist. Keye's suspects all he has for an original birth certificate is a form his mother fraudelently filled out claiming an at home birth and turned into the city clerk.

Remember, if Obama was born in Kenya he is not even an American citizen, let alone a natural born American citizen. His mother was not old enough to confer citizenship to him at birth under the law at the time.

Again, unless Keyes has some tangible PROOF that his mother lied, there is no way this goes anywhere.  Just accusing someone is not enough.

Around the Network
Moongoddess256 said:
If thats so, why the hell would someone push the issue on a technicality like that? Hes obviously American enough for the laws intention.

Well, yes and no. The reason for the law is so no president will feel any allegiance to any foreign power, so from that perspective, he qualifies.

On the other hand, no president in the history of the US has wanted to move us farther away from what our forefathers wanted then Obama, so why that's not the reason for the law, it's slightly relevant.

Oh, and there is that thing about being a country of laws. Some people believe laws should be followed. I am one of them.

The only part of all this that I find suspect, is that he has not showed the documents needed to prove these allegations wrong. well over 50 million people are talking about this, and right now it feels like "I did not have sexual relations with that woman". Yea, we know you can tell us anything you think we want to hear. Just prove it wrong, and move on.

The man has a 7 page, 60+ question application to become a cabinet member. He even wants to see peoples diary if they have them. If he is going to hold everyone to that standard, then he should hold himself to it. Release your records to your employer (us), and end this.

TheRealMafoo said:
Moongoddess256 said:
If thats so, why the hell would someone push the issue on a technicality like that? Hes obviously American enough for the laws intention.

Well, yes and no. The reason for the law is so no president will feel any allegiance to any foreign power, so from that perspective, he qualifies.

On the other hand, no president in the history of the US has wanted to move us farther away from what our forefathers wanted then Obama, so why that's not the reason for the law, it's slightly relevant.

Oh, and there is that thing about being a country of laws. Some people believe laws should be followed. I am one of them.

The only part of all this that I find suspect, is that he has not showed the documents needed to prove these allegations wrong. well over 50 million people are talking about this, and right now it feels like "I did not have sexual relations with that woman". Yea, we know you can tell us anything you think we want to hear. Just prove it wrong, and move on.

The man has a 7 page, 60+ question application to become a cabinet member. He even wants to see peoples diary if they have them. If he is going to hold everyone to that standard, then he should hold himself to it. Release your records to your employer (us), and end this.

What our forefathers wanted? You mean freedom from the British?

[2:08:58 am] Moongoddess256: being asian makes you naturally good at ddr
[2:09:22 am] gnizmo: its a weird genetic thing
[2:09:30 am] gnizmo: goes back to hunting giant crabs in feudal Japan

TheRealMafoo said:
Moongoddess256 said:

Wow, talk about hyperbole.  Is is because he wants to move the top tax bracket back to 39.5%?  Maybe because he wants to end torture?

The forefathers would be alot more aghast at what our current president has done with the Patriot act, illegal wiretappings, torture, Guatanamo, and on and on.  Please stop drinking the wacko kool-aide about how we are now going to be communists or that Obama is the new Hitler.

If Obama gets disqualified (which I don't think will happen), that's just what the USA and the world needs right now, isn't it? Things are so stable and boring, let's put a little more pepper in the sauce pan.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

"Again, unless Keyes has some tangible PROOF that his mother lied, there is no way this goes anywhere. Just accusing someone is not enough."

That's why he is going to court, to get the proof. Obama's doctor signed birth certificate and his mother's travel records from immigration.

Yet, today, America's leaders are reenacting every folly that brought these great powers [Russia, Germany, and Japan] to ruin -- from arrogance and hubris, to assertions of global hegemony, to imperial overstretch, to trumpeting new 'crusades,' to handing out war guarantees to regions and countries where Americans have never fought before. We are piling up the kind of commitments that produced the greatest disasters of the twentieth century.
 — Pat Buchanan – A Republic, Not an Empire