By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Do you read books for fun?

I read a lot, but usually only in the summer. Still, as I'm a very quick reader, I finish books (that I like) pretty fast, so I read around 5 books a year. I have some books I'm planning to read this summer, I have all the Neanderthal Parallax trilogy by Robert Sawyer sitting there waiting.

Around the Network

no apart from history books i just can't get enough of history

I don't read as much as I used too (damm you video games) but I recently finished The Three Musketeers by Alexandre Dumas and it was awesome! Milady is a great vilain!

Signature goes here!

i've read The Three Musketeers by Alexandre Dumas and yes its awesome

dogsforlife said:
i've read The Three Musketeers by Alexandre Dumas and yes its awesome

If you like historical novels, I would recommend "Les Rois Maudits" (The accursed Kings), it is deeply rooted in French history and tells the story of Phillippe le Bel and his three sons who all become king but all for a very short time.

Signature goes here!

Around the Network

i shall go to my nearest WH Smiths and aquire a copy of this highly recomended book right away

any idea on the amount of coinage i will have to bring

dogsforlife said:

i shall go to my nearest WH Smiths and aquire a copy of this highly recomended book right away

any idea on the amount of coinage i will have to bring

The book is split into seven parts so if you buy the whole thing at once it can be a bit expensive but it's usually available in seven pocket books which are around $10 each. So you can go for the first book alone and come back for more once you're hooked by the story :)

Signature goes here!

ok

I read a lot. Too much, probably.

I'd say I avarage around 50 books a year, and that's without all the books I re-read.

Mostly, I read Fantasy, Science fiction or Mystery/Detecive stuff, though sometimes I read classics or factual books.

Once I start reading a book that I like, I cannot stop. Last time I read I did a 20 hour marathon to finish Elizabeth Moon's "Vatta's War" series, book 3-5. Totally messed up my week T.T

My favorite authors are:
Douglas Adams
Neil Gaiman
Henning Mankel

Basically, I'll read anything I can find and have time for.

This is invisible text!

hahhahahah Deloused in a Commatourim is a great book!! I read Captain Underpants series and the Ultimate History of Video Games

At the name of YESHUA, EVERY KNEE WILL BOW, of those who are in heaven and on earth and under the earth (Philippians 2:10)

I have the biggest Wishlist on VGchartz