By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - I'm getting a Xbox 360 on Black Friday! Any suggestions?

Ok....... The games I'm getting for sure

Fable 2 mainly because of            http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=46702&page=1 

Gears of War 2

Feel free to give me suggestions on what games to buy :)

Around the Network

Tales of Vesperia and Lost Odyssey for your RPG ich. Mass Effect because its godly, Left 4 Dead because its co-op and online is fantastic(and its Valve + Zombies. Two of the coolest things EVER.) Ninja Gaiden 2 because its the most instense action game in existance, but its pretty hardcore. Fable 2 is an awesome choice, btw. Halo 3 becuase its an awesome local multiplayer game. Quake 4 and Prey because they are both great budget shooters. If you haven't got it for PS3 get Bioshock(Its not GOTY 2007 on many sites for nothing!) Oh, and on XBLA get: Geometry Wars RE 2 because its a fun 2 player game. Braid because its an amazing puzzle game. Castle Crashers because its a fantastic new age version of Golden Axe made by the guys behind Alien Hominid. If you have nostalgia for Doom or Duke Nukem, try them out on XBLA. Oh, and get a Gamertag and hop online, and add some of us to you Friends List! If you like streaming movies and have an HDTV try Netflix. Make an avatar and get a headset while your at it. Try out some of the demos on the XBMarketplace if you want to see some of the games out there.

*gasp, gasp*

Ok....think I'm done for now....

GOTY Contestants this year: Dead Space 2, Dark Souls, Tales of Graces f. Everything else can suck it.

Seems like u picked out a RPG and a shooter. Fallout 3 and L4D are some new games that just came out. Older games like Bioshock, Halo 3, or Mass Effect are worth a try.

Above I'm a proud Gran Turismo fan, not a Sony fanboy, and now a proud 360 owner, but sharing xbox live accts ATM

End of 2009 Predictions (made Jan 1, 2009): My predictions were pretty accurate, the 360 was over and the Wii was just under.

Wii: 65 mil (yea I'm crazy) 360: 35 mil (its getting there) PS3: 30 mil (the slim better do well)

End of 2010 Predictions (made Jan 7, 2010):

Wii: 81 mil  360: 47 mil PS3: 45 mil

Shadowblind said:

Tales of Vesperia and Lost Odyssey for your RPG ich. Mass Effect because its godly, Left 4 Dead because its co-op and online is fantastic(and its Valve + Zombies. Two of the coolest things EVER.) Ninja Gaiden 2 because its the most instense action game in existance, but its pretty hardcore. Fable 2 is an awesome choice, btw. Halo 3 becuase its an awesome local multiplayer game. Quake 4 and Prey because they are both great budget shooters. If you haven't got it for PS3 get Bioshock(Its not GOTY 2007 on many sites for nothing!)

I don't have much taste on "Tales of Vesperia" kind of games.... I researched that game, and I had no interest in it whatsoever

Lost Odyssey, looks pretty cool, but turn based gameplay seem to bore me now, and don't question why I have Final Fantasy X as my favorite game :P but I might get this game someday.

I don't care if you call me a wuss, but I'm scared of Survival Horror genre games(Left 4 Dead) :O

Halo 3 well yeah I'll get this game before the end of the year for the MP

And for Quake 4 and Prey, I have enough shooters on PS3 :)

Bioshock: Is it a Survival horror?

Fable 2
Gears 2
Halo 3
Bioshock
Left 4 Dead

Around the Network

Though an early game I would suggest Kameo. An old game you could probably pick up for next to nothing but a really good game IMO.

indodude said:
Shadowblind said:

Tales of Vesperia and Lost Odyssey for your RPG ich. Mass Effect because its godly, Left 4 Dead because its co-op and online is fantastic(and its Valve + Zombies. Two of the coolest things EVER.) Ninja Gaiden 2 because its the most instense action game in existance, but its pretty hardcore. Fable 2 is an awesome choice, btw. Halo 3 becuase its an awesome local multiplayer game. Quake 4 and Prey because they are both great budget shooters. If you haven't got it for PS3 get Bioshock(Its not GOTY 2007 on many sites for nothing!)

I don't have much taste on "Tales of Vesperia" kind of games.... I researched that game, and I had no interest in it whatsoever

Lost Odyssey, looks pretty cool, but turn based gameplay seem to bore me now, and don't question why I have Final Fantasy X as my favorite game :P but I might get this game someday.

I don't care if you call me a wuss, but I'm scared of Survival Horror genre games(Left 4 Dead) :O

Halo 3 well yeah I'll get this game before the end of the year for the MP

And for Quake 4 and Prey, I have enough shooters on PS3 :)

Bioshock: Is it a Survival horror?

Highlighted points of blasphemy. (j/k, don't kill me.)

But yeah, Bioshock is survival horror(Or at least it says it was. Was the least scary horror game I've ever played. Then again I thought Condemned 2 was a joke when it came to the scary.) To be quite honest, left 4 Dead isn't scary at all when you have mates to play it with. Oh, and reread my post. It expanded :P Lost Odyssey is about the closest thing you'll ever play to FFX right now.

GOTY Contestants this year: Dead Space 2, Dark Souls, Tales of Graces f. Everything else can suck it.

I also suggest Forza, Banjo, Halo 3 & Ninja Gaiden 2...

I reccomend getting call of duty 4 and 5 because of their exelent online play.
The first gears is awesome as well.
Halo 3 of course.
Devil may cry 4 if you like those type of games
and lost oddessy.

Dead Rising - $9.99 on Black Friday as well.. Great game for a Great Price.

Here are some deals on games... and bundle selecton in some parts.

PS4 Preordered - 06/11/2013 @09:30am

XBox One Preordered - 06/19/2013 @07:57pm

"I don't trust #XboxOne & #Kinect 2.0, it's always connected" as you tweet from your smartphone - irony 0_o