By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Square Enix Building U.S. Studio - Looking for 360 Developers

Tokyo-headquartered developer and publisher Square Enix is building a new studio in Los Angeles (El Segundo) that is working on an action-oriented game based for an original IP.

According to
the career section of the Final Fantasy company's U.S. site, it is seeking to fill several positions for the new location, including the roles of Xbox 360 software engineer, product manager, 3D artist, and more.

The studio's job listings advertised on other sites say that it is looking to "to lay the foundation for a solid development team," calling for software engineer applicants with Xbox 360 and Wii development experience.

http://www.gamasutra.com/php-bin/news_index.php?story=21125

Square Enix abandonning the PS3??

I have two guesses - 1) they don't plan to develop any western games for the PS3. They'll still have their other studio's but no PS3 games will come from the L.A. studio.

2) They already have the PS3 staff picked out.

Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)

Around the Network

sweet =)

Proud Owner of  a Wii and Xbox 360 and a PS3(When I get the money)

It would be so funny if Microsoft bought this new divison/studio, the look of sheer terror on sonyfanboys faces would be worth the purchse. JKJK

Wow I wonder what kind of games will be developed? I mean it has to be something different for them to build a new studio, and in the west. right?

Reaching much?

Why would you say "SE abandoning the PS3?"

That's called flame-bait gebx.

Didn't you just come back from banning? Have you learned nothing?

hey...I saw that building on my way home from LAX a few weeks ago. I guess it's always been there but now they put a huge Square Enix logo on the side of the building.

Around the Network

abandoning PS3? Reading too much into the article.

I would say they're increasing their emphasis on the 360 and Wii rather than say this is abandoning the PS3.

The days of 3rd party exclusives seem to be numbered as studios move more and more to offset the high cost of development.

DMeisterJ said:
Reaching much?

Stop derailing threads.

Square Enix is creating an U.S. studio to develop Wii and 360 games.. what would you call that?

ps -I've learned that calling Crazzyman a fanboy will get you banned...

ps x 2- You're a fanboy!

Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)

DMeisterJ said:
Reaching much?

Wasn't SE also planning to create more shooters? Awww... that explains it.

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Supporter of PlayStation and Nintendo

Maybe it was part of the deal to bring Final Fantasy 13 to 360. Microsoft had to buy a building and pay for all development of anything that is released on the 360 and Wii, in the US. The first projects being the port of FF13 and Wii FF Crystal game.

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Xbone... the new "N" word   Apparently I troll MS now | Evidence | Evidence