By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - LBP the first nex-gen game

iyzy said:

In LBP you dont edit, you create. Being able to share this online using a games console, is something that i have never seen before.

Unreal Tournament 3 for the PS3 let you create levels and share them on a console. Smash Brothers Brawl had a level creator, Blastworks lets you build and share levels, and more I am certain I have forgotten. This is far from the first time it has ever been done. It is an evolutionary step down a path that has long existed.

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229

Around the Network
iyzy said:

In LBP you dont edit, you create. Being able to share this online using a games console, is something that i have never seen before.

Don't be fooled by the word editor, you can creat and edit with all the above editors.

And off the top of my head, games that included editors that you could share levels with friends on consoles: Super Smash Bros Brawl, RPG Maker (whatever PS one was called), Dewey's Adventure, Unreal 3 (PS3), and Elebits.

the wii inst next gen.. its the same gen as the ps2 just realeased VERY VERY LATE. its kinda like what sega did with the saturn and dreamcast SAME GEN

the games you mentioned, dont even compare to the level of influence you have on the level creator. In LBP you can create anything you can think of.

This is why i think that LBP is the first true current gen game, your imagination is the only restriction

iyzy said:

It has been done:

http://www.giantbomb.com/user-generated-content/92-129/

Look I love LBP too but it's a great game let it in that way.

Around the Network
Username2324 said:
Funny how the most innovative game isn't on the said to be most innovative console.....

The atari 2600ii?

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive

sorry but i cant see how how this stays open when my thread gets closed

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

iyzy said:

the games you mentioned, dont even compare to the level of influence you have on the level creator. In LBP you can create anything you can think of.

This is why i think that LBP is the first true current gen game, your imagination is the only restriction

No, you cannot make anything you can think of. You are limited by the art assets in the game. You can make anything you can think of out of them, but thats the limit. Even supposing they eventually allow you to import your own pictures (which I heard was scrapped?) that would still only put it on par with the Warcraft 3 level creator tools as you could do it there some years ago. Little Big Planet is not some amazing, super unique, never seen before experience.

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229

you can import your own images using the ps eye

some people have created some amazing levels, i have seen calcualtor which someone has created, i have no idea how it was created. This is just after a few weeks, i want to see what people will create after a year or so with the tools available